Boot time XBMC Live versus XBMC on minimal desktop
I'm currently running XBMC Live 9.11 on an Asrock ION 330, and I'm very happy with the time it takes the machine to load XBMC after I turn it on (below 20s). Of course I'm missing out a bit on the Linux desktop side, and I was wondering; if I were to install Ubuntu with minimal desktop, what would my boot time look like?
You could probably estimate 20-30s more on boot. Have you tried setting up sleep mode when you poweroff? Startup time is <10s for me
magimog Wrote:You could probably estimate 20-30s more on boot. Have you tried setting up sleep mode when you poweroff? Startup time is <10s for me

Ok thanks magimog. No I have not yet tried the sleep mode. My current boot time is ok without sleep mode, so I did not bother. I noticed people were sometimes having problems waking it back up using the Asrock remote, so I didn't care to try. Are you running a desktop? Also Asrock?
On my asrock there is much less then 20-30s difference. On the other hand it takes a bit longer than 20s with Live... I guess the best option to get a ssd. I am not bothered with the boot time myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boot time XBMC Live versus XBMC on minimal desktop0