Alsa issues
Hello,

I've been experiecing a weird problem: my sounds seems to be initializing muted.

Here what happens: I have two users: One for xbmc, and other for external access (SSH).

When I user the XBMC with XBMC session, there is no audio. With the XBMC user with gnome session, I can see that the sound is muted.

With the ohter user, the sound initializes ok.

I've tried to log in with xbmc user in gnome session, unmutted the audio, executed "alsactl -f ~/.alsa store", included "alsactl -f ~/.alsa retore" in xbmc session initialization script. It worked for some time, but sunddely, it also stop working.

I've also tried to erase xbmc user's home and recriate it, but not luck either.

Does anyony have any ideia where I could check to make sounds to initialized unmuted at user's startup?

Thanks,

ecsousa
I have the same issue that came about when i went from karmic to lucid. I can't figure out what is causing it - my box boots right into XBMC (no gnome)

I shut it down nightly, the /etc/asound.state gets updated. On a new boot, i have to run the alsamixer and unmute the output device (i can see the change being made in asound.state).

I've done the alsactl store 0 as well; doesn't seem to fix the problem - though maybe i'm doing it wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alsa issues0