[RELEASE] Transmission-XBMC Addon - a Transmission BitTorrent Client Control for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
spadge_2356
Unregistered

correl Wrote:This'll clone the xbmc-svn branch directly into your addons folder:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/correl/Transmission-XBMC.git -b xbmc-svn ~/.xbmc/addons/script.transmission
Of course, if you've already cloned the repo and just need to switch branches, cd into the addon directory and run:
Code:
git checkout xbmc-svn

I'll likely get around to submitting it to the xbmc addon repository this weekend.

Hi All,

I'm Using Ubuntu tried the "git checkout xbmc-svn" but the command returned "Fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

What am I doing wrong?
correl Offline
spadge_2356 Wrote:Hi All,

I'm Using Ubuntu tried the "git checkout xbmc-svn" but the command returned "Fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git"

What am I doing wrong?

The git checkout command only works inside a git project directory. Also, those instructions are outdated, and that particular branch was merged into the master and no longer exists anyway.

Transmission is available in XBMC's addon browser, which is now the recommended installation method.
find quote
Krispy101 Offline
Sorry for the Necropost, but I installed this today using the addon manager, with the port 9091, but nothing is appearing on my browser, does this require Transmission installed beforehand?

Thanks, Kris
find quote
correl Offline
Yes. The XBMC addon controls a transmission server, it does not contain one.
find quote
bigdawgte Offline
I am finding this add-in exceedingly buggy. If things are not configured exactly as it expects (and there is no configuration guidance) then it will freeze xbmc and possibly force you to reboot. This is unacceptable. Even after I got it configured, and it apparently connected to the transmission web daemon, it did not actually display any information, a column of bars, which may or may not be highlighted blue. I tried this add-on pre-dharma, and never got to do anything except crash my system. Usefulness to bother ratio is way low.
find quote
aivs Offline
Has a little changed skin transmission 0.5.2, added icons on button and added Russian language

Before
[Image: transmission-xbmc.png]
After
[Image: transmission_xbmc_aivs_en.jpg]

Modifed transmission-xbmc by aivs
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25895838/script....ission.zip
find quote
correl Offline
Thanks for the translation and UI work! I've incorporated it into 0.6.0, which should be available in the addon browser now, along with several other changes.

I've attempted to address some of the connectivity and behavior bugs, let me know how it's working for you now Smile
find quote
c0ba Offline
How can this addon be installed in current git version of xbmc? I downloaded a zipball from github - since there is no transmission addon in the main repository - and it installed but doesn't seem to work - it shows no torrent files.

Maybe this way of installation is the one that is not allowed since it doesn't install simplejson and it's the reason it doesn't work?
find quote
correl Offline
Possibly. At any rate, if I have some time over the weekend, I should get it updated for the new version. Plus, there is support now for progress bars in the list view, so I'll be able to clean that up too Smile
find quote
c0ba Offline
Cool! Hopefully you'll have some time!
find quote
c0ba Offline
Hi! Any news?
find quote
domokun1134 Offline
Just installed this add-on and I'm having trouble getting it to work. All it says is "cannot connect to Transmission. Open settings Dialog?" I have it set to "localhost' with the proper username and password. I can get web-access from another computer on my network just fine, so the Transmission daemon is working correctly. Any ideas?
find quote
Hakima Offline
Running this plugin on ATV2. But when I select detailed view on a torrent, its not possible to get back. I have to reset the ATV
find quote
gaggio Offline
Same problem here, atv1, crystalbuntu
find quote
correl Offline
The Apple TV issue should be resolved now In versions 0.7.1 (Eden) and 0.6.3 (Dharma), thanks to a patch contribution.
find quote