moving from xbox to PC xbmc have questions
once i get teh card working again...

the PC im moving it to.

1.2GHZ P3
512MB Ram
Geforce 5600FX
2 40GB HDD's (will have an 80GB hdd for 3rd drive once my 200GB replacement for my xbox 1 comes in)
and a DVD -R Burner

This was orginally a Linux Server (actually an XP Capable PC set up w/ an linux server edition of lucid lynx) i'd upgrade to 1GB Ram but the Actual Motherboard max is 512MB it has an Onboard NIC and i plan to set it up on an Router w/ DD-WRT (Linksys WRT54g v 2.2) then eventualy get an Wireless N PCI card for it to make use of our Linksys Wireless N router

in terms of 720p~1080i formats w/ these specs shoul di take same standards as Xbox XBMC or.. can i be a lil more lax?

and to Why im keeping XBMC on my Xbox? well i started w/ that + i still play homebrew on it thanks to XBMC (plus i payed 120In al for a SATA to IDE, 200GB sata hdd + a power converter for it Tongue) and i'd pefeer XBMC over EvoX or UnleashedX anyday Tongue

the next question is ive downloaded teh Live Image.. can i install it to an HDD from it or?
That hardware won't play 1080p and you'll be lucky to get a decent framerate from 720p, though 576p (the resolution the XBox uses) should play fine.

The XBMCLive boot menu has an option to install to hard disk.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:That hardware won't play 1080p and you'll be lucky to get a decent framerate from 720p, though 576p (the resolution the XBox uses) should play fine.

The XBMCLive boot menu has an option to install to hard disk.

JR

Thanks guess i'll follow the xbox guide for encoding settings for 720p/1080i Videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving from xbox to PC xbmc have questions0