Noob needs set help setting up launcher for emulators.
Hi All. I've been using boxee for a while but recently made the switch to XBMC. So far liking it better. I need some help smoothing out my install though. I'm running the Transparency! theme because I love how it shows the fanart. I want just one games menu with all my PC games and roms in it. I've got a menu for games at the top most level. But to launch say Zsnes, I have to click games, then launcher, then Zsnes, then i'm presented with a list of roms. I'd rather just click on games then zsnes, then get the list. How can I move the zsnes launcher up in the menu tree?

Thanks in advance,
MrDowntempo
under games, click add source
browse
program plugins
launcher
znes
OK
Ahh thanks. That was totally different than how I first tried it. Its working now! Now I just need boxart and fanart for all of these roms. Is there a program similar to media companion that can retrieve them for me? Also I have roms in multiple directories (sorted by either alphabet or region) It doesn't seem like the launcher plugin can search recursively through one rom directory into its subdirectories, or am I doing something wrong? Otherwise do I just need to move all the roms for any given emulator into one big directory?
You could also try another approach-

I have it so my Games just goes right into HyperSpin, where all my emulators and roms are set up.

Just an idea.
I'll give hyperspin a shot. Thanks!
I added Hyperspin to the launcher, but aptalca's method of adding launchers to the game menu seems to only work for launchers that access a directory. Since hyperspin manages the directory tree directly, it is just a simple application launcher and doesn't seem to be selectable from the add source menu. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.
Follow this post-- it's what I did, you have to do certain customization based on your Skin though

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=hyperspin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob needs set help setting up launcher for emulators.0