How can I access Media Files on an Internal HD?
Hey guys,
just set up XBMC Live on my HTPC(+AEON Skin 0.9, Stark), which includes a 500gb S-ATA HD with 3 Partitions:

1. XBMC #1 Bootable
  2. XBMC #2
  3. My Media Storage (ext4)

Now, I want to populate my Library and add Video Files - When I go to "Movies", it says "Your library is empty" which is fair enough because I haven't added anything yet. The next step is to go to "Files" which leads me to a menu which shows me my connected external USB-HD as well as the "Add Source" button.

When I go for the latter I go "Browse" leading me to to a list of possible locations:
  • HDHOMERUN Devices
  • REPLAYTV Devices
  • UPNP Devices
  • WINDOWS NETWORK Devices
  • HOME FOLDER
  • SAP STREAMS
  • VIDEO PLAYLISTS
  • ZEROCONF BROWSER

Now, the question is: where and how can I access my media files on Partition #3? I know about the 'HOME FOLDER' (/home/xbmc/), but I would prefer to have a dedicated Partition for my Media stuff without cluttering my Home Folder. The issue here is that I cannot navigate to this partition! I believe it's sda2, where could I enter this path and access the folders+contents on it?

Any solution?

I appreciate your help guys, thanks in advance!
As I recall XBMCLive doesn't mount internal hard disks by default, but it's relatively simple to change this. Try searching the XBMC Live forum and/or wiki.xbmc.org.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:As I recall XBMCLive doesn't mount internal hard disks by default, but it's relatively simple to change this. Try searching the XBMC Live forum and/or wiki.xbmc.org.

JR

Hey JR, thanks for your reply Smile Mh I searched both the forums and the Wiki, but couldn't find anything in that regard Rolleyes Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Alternatively, you could try mounting the drive manually. There is help doing that in the Ubuntu forums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=915744
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50489

The instructions are a little terse, but at least they contain keywords you can search for to find more info.

JR
Thanks to the both of you, jhsrennie's link did it for me Smile
TinXpH Wrote:Thanks to the both of you, jhsrennie's link did it for me Smile
Isn't creating a simple symbolic link in $HOME is answer to your question? That works pretty good for me. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I access Media Files on an Internal HD?0