Scan external subtitle files to video library (not only subs inside video container)
I'm not really sure how to treat subtitles where no language is defined in filename. It could either be "forced" subtitles for original audio track, not sure language can be properly detected for these. Or the other case where user names subtitle files exactly the same as movie, where it could be saved as default language.
What is default language btw? is it detected from xbmc Timezone country/Language or where is it being detected from?
I think there is a setting which subtitle language should be used when several are available, I thought it was called "default subtitle language" or something like that, that could probably be used. I think if we have a "default" entry in the database which can be hidden from users and skinners (i.e. it looks like "eng" if the default language is set to english), this solution would be preferrable.

Concerning the .idx/.rar, I quickly tested to pass both of them together to the vobsub demuxer, and it seems to work without problems. Maybe we can have a default value for the second argument (same directory as the .idx), so the current scheme could still be used.
I finally managed to finish everything, it took longer than expected, as usual.

Subtitles are now not cached anymore either, as suggested by spiff.

Patch submitted: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9736
unfortunately no trac activity on this for last few months, but could this be implemented for next release? Nerd
I cleaned it up several times according to (good an justified) comments from developers, and the patch was split up in 2 parts and verified by someone else, but it never made it to the trunk. It's probably quite a low priority for the developers.

I unfortunately don't have a lot of time at the moment to pursue this further. But feel free to try the patch on the latest source code (not exactly sure how this works now that it's moved to git). I'm pretty sure it still works, I don't think anything major has changed in the subtitles handling, otherwise this functionality would probably already be implemented.
Any news on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan external subtitle files to video library (not only subs inside video container)0