Chapter Extractor
Question 
Hello, community!

I have a lot of files that have chapter information stored in them. But XBMC doesn't extract this information or use it in any way whatsoever other than a total count.

So I wrote a program for myself that extracts the information from the file, extracts the relevant thumbnails, and adds it all to the database.

I was wondering if there is any interest in such a program. It's Windows only, and written in .Net.

Mods, please move this thread if it's in the wrong location.
in which way should XBMC use chapter info?? I made a program some weeks ago that creats chapters for mkv's so i can use them when playing movies in xbmc. but why would xbmc need to store that info?
Sorry if i have understood it wrong.
Unless I'm mistaken, XBMC currently only supports skipping backwards and forwards through chapters in a ripped movie, with no way of selecting a specific chapter. For example, if I start a movie and want to skip to chapter 7 out of 21 chapters, i have to press skip 6 times and skip through chapters 1-6. This is a pain for multi-disk and multi-part movies that often have 30+ chapters.

I tried to fix this for myself by adding the chapter indexes to the XBMC database as bookmarks. This way I can just browse the bookmarks and skip directly to chapter 7 or any other chapter I want.

Don't know if the community would find it useful. Just thought I'd share my attempts and work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapter Extractor0