240hz LCD htpc run @24hz? 60hz?
hello i recently just got a new TV that can run at 240hz. I have a 9300m onboard video card and noticed it does support 24hz. I am very new to this but is that going to match the TV at 240hz? It doesnt seem to run very well starts to get a little bit skippy even with DXVA enabled on the nightly releases. If i set the HTPC to 60hz and the tv to it there is no skipping but i do see a little choppy in fast sceans but it is hard to see. and when i have it all set to 240 its very smooth in those fast sceans but maybe hiccups every 1 or 2 min. The samsung TV has options like "smooth" which i beleive is the 240hz. Am i thinking correct here or am i doing something wrong. Oh all the movies i am playing are 1080p .264 .mkv
Personally I can't stand the frame interpolation. It makes everything look like a soap opera to my eyes. I guess if you like watching sportsball or cartoons it would probably look good.

I would try both devices and see which handles the 3:2 pulldown better. I'm guessing the TV, but I could be wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
240hz LCD htpc run @24hz? 60hz?0