Motion interpolation / Frame interpolation near real-time on-the-fly video processing
poofyhairguy Wrote:Did you check the avisynth box is ffdshow? I know that is a simple question but it was the magic I needed back when I had this setup.

triple checked -- YES! As I can see, media player classic plays in 60fps no matter what I throw at it and I can verify that is working with pretty much everything I've got on my nas

once I try DSPlayer build of XMBC on any file, it resorts to 24fps or native to the file and I do not get ffdshow icons in the tray, etc etc.

I've checked the xbmc output "fps" settings and never have I seen 60fps Sad

I'm still experimenting with settings but haven't found the right one yet!

Cheers to all that read this forum, and thans POOFYHAIRGUY for contributing your thoughts -- most appreciated!
Splash Pro HD Player have the same effect, called Motion2, take a look.
CopyCounsler Wrote:triple checked -- YES! As I can see, media player classic plays in 60fps no matter what I throw at it and I can verify that is working with pretty much everything I've got on my nas

once I try DSPlayer build of XBMC on any file, it resorts to 24fps or native to the file and I do not get ffdshow icons in the tray, etc etc.

I've checked the xbmc output "fps" settings and never have I seen 60fps Sad

I'm still experimenting with settings but haven't found the right one yet!

Cheers to all that read this forum, and thans POOFYHAIRGUY for contributing your thoughts -- most appreciated!

I´m having exact same problem, got it working with mpc but not with xbmc+dsplayer, can someone post clear instructions how to do it?..
update: got it working, ok smoothness but the sound is out of sync...
AnalogKid Wrote:My point, clearly expressed, was that interpolation is noise. It may (in some cases) improve the perceived quality, but this is a far cry from real quality.
So, you watch all your DVDs at 720x480, using either No, or "Nearest Neighbor" scaling, with no deinterlacing? Because, going by your definition, image upscaling is also "noise". This is just another form of upscaling, but in this case it is temporal upscaling, rather than width/height upscaling. It won't, like Bicubic can't, add anything extra to the video, but it can make for a more pleasant watching experience, if you like viewing smooth and more realistic motion.

Frame Interpolation is a good thing, just as Bilinear/Bicubic/Lanczos scaling is a good thing. It may not be to everyone's visual tastes, but for some users it is a desirable function.
I enjoy watching movies with mplayer (smplayer gui) and use the "Deinterlace- Yadif (double framerate)" option, which gives me the similar effect of making movies seem a little bit more live and smoother. Not quite like 120hz tv's, but good enough for free for me on my 60hz 26inch lcd monitor. I don't know much about all the terms floating around here, but FOR SURE interested in trying some alternative method's to do this, and even better or smoother yet. I figure double framerate's would be comparable to 49.94fps (if video is 24.97 x 2 -double framerate), so i can't personally get much higher, but do love watching look smoother/quicker/better. Like the difference of watching a normal movie on tv, then watching the news or something.
Edit- Just tried the splash pro demo, and yes, even smother effect using that then smplayer and double framerates. Very nice Smile Still need to mess with this "media player classic" setting a few mentioned, since that would be a free way, mostly cause the effect is even better then the method i've been using til now.
hartman Wrote:I´m having exact same problem, got it working with mpc but not with xbmc+dsplayer, can someone post clear instructions how to do it?..
update: got it working, ok smoothness but the sound is out of sync...

Do you remember any tricks to keep in mind? I never did get it working 100% with the dsplayer version XBMC I acquired...

Thanks in advance to all that contribute!
So... Any chance of interpolation in XBMC playback?
Unless there's some open source library for it that we can easily stick into XBMC, don't count on it.
here is a avisynth plugin that seems to do that/something similar. Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on the topic.
Actualy a library does exist:

http://www.svp-team.com/
I think I go crazy and just bump this. Me wants!

I have some movies I've ran through InterFrame aviscript and the result is a LOT better. I really wish some people would go ahead and do something for XBMC.

I took the liberty of filming using my standard Canon camera and then convert the movie to x264-mkv:
001_30fps_original.mkv (just a mkv of the original, no change in framerate)
001_60fps_interframe.mkv (double framerate using interframe!)

interframe_XBMC.rar - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6c4Jkt...C00VXBJakk (updated url)

AVS-file for people interested:
loadplugin("ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("C:\XBMC_should_get_this\001.AVI")
loadplugin("mvtools2.dll")
import("plugins_readme\InterFrame.avsi")
InterFrame(FlowPath="C:\XBMC_should_get_this\")

I think the result speak for itself.
Nice find, xayide !

Now let's hope.
As SVP site says, "if both Peter Jackson and James Cameron don't think the "soap opera effect" is something bad why should you? Wink"
Any update on this?
Don't dream your life, live your dream
I just did a TRAC search... does not look like anyone put in a TRAC feature request for this ... so I suspect there is no one even considering putting this in.

I put in a request a few minutes ago.... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13465 ... if you want to post your "me too" it can only help.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-10-29, 21:02)Livin Wrote: I just did a TRAC search... does not look like anyone put in a TRAC feature request for this ... so I suspect there is no one even considering putting this in.

I put in a request a few minutes ago.... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13465 ... if you want to post your "me too" it can only help.

Because we don't use trac for feature requests anymore. We just use the forums right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motion interpolation / Frame interpolation near real-time on-the-fly video processing0