TV Show Library problem
Hi all, I have been trawling through the Wiki and this forum trying to find a solution to this problem but can't seem to see anything. Basically I have two source folders selected for my TV Shows e.g. Source 1 may contain 24 S01-07 and Source 2 will contain S08.

The problem is that when I scan for new content only the episodes found in the first source folder appear in library. In order to view all episodes I must browse via the Videos method. In some cases, shows that are completely located in Source 2 are shown on the TV Show Library display but when opened, contain zero episodes.

Is this a common problem and is anyone aware of a solution? I can't seem to understand why it is occuring because I have the exact same 2 source setup for my Movies but they Movie Library is functioning perfectly.

I have tried adding both sources seperately and scanning both for content but the problem remains the same. The really frustrating part is that I have everything properly named and have scraped and created nfos etc for all of them using Media Companion. Why would some not work while others do?

The most confusing thing is that e.g. The Big Bang Theory S01-02 are on Source 1 while S03 is on Source 2 but they are all recognised fine... Huh

Please, if there is anything you need to know in order to provide help then just tell me and I'll post it up ASAP.

Thankyou,
Rhys
Details:

XBMC 9.11
MediaStream 1.60
NV Driver 197.45
Media Companion gen2 3.296

i7920, 6GB DDR3, GA-EX58-UD4P, GTX295

Windows 7 x64

Both sources are two different share folders on a Windows Home Server.
BTW, this is not my HTPC lol I am just testing XBMC and trying to get everything working perfectly before I install my HTPC which will consist of:

Kingston 2GB 1333C9 DDR3
Seagate 2.5" 160GB SATA 5400
SilverStone SG05 Black Cube Mini ITX Case
ASUS AT3IONT-I MiniITX ION Motherboard
Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote
w/ Windows 7 x86
Why do you have to double post?

A long shot - but have you checked that the nfo's generated by Media Companion have scraped the correct information, or are they maybe empty, or incorrect. if they are and they remain in situ the scraper will just ignore them and move onto the next item, meaning that unless you remove them you will never get a 'true' scrape - I think.

There have also been issues of nfo's - generated by third party apps - not being recognised by xbmc - I think due to a change in code?. Can't understand why anyone needs a third party scraper - xbmc obtains and generates nfo's like the others and you don't get problems when the coding changes.

If this isn't an issue - supply a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
You need in both instances a folder structure like:
|__Season 1-7 (files or subfolders,does not matter)

|__Season 8 (again, files or subfolder,does not matter)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
steelman1991 Wrote:Why do you have to double post?

A long shot - but have you checked that the nfo's generated by Media Companion have scraped the correct information, or are they maybe empty, or incorrect. if they are and they remain in situ the scraper will just ignore them and move onto the next item, meaning that unless you remove them you will never get a 'true' scrape - I think.

There have also been issues of nfo's - generated by third party apps - not being recognised by xbmc - I think due to a change in code?. Can't understand why anyone needs a third party scraper - xbmc obtains and generates nfo's like the others and you don't get problems when the coding changes.

If this isn't an issue - supply a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

I have in fact checked all the problem nfo's and they display the correct information. I don't see how it could be a problem with different coding etc given that all the movies and the majority of TV Show episodes work fine in XBMC.

sho Wrote:You need in both instances a folder structure like:
|__Season 1-7 (files or subfolders,does not matter)

|__Season 8 (again, files or subfolder,does not matter)

The folder structure is consistent across both sources, note that Big Bang works for all seasons whereas shows such as 24 S08 doesn't display information even though the structure and naming conventions are exactly the same. Also worth noting is that some shows e.g. Deadwood simply do not display any episodes at all (e.g. empty folder).
RhysG still need a debug log (the one provided isn't a debug log - no debug activity) see the link in my previous response.
RhysG Wrote:Iwhereas shows such as 24 S08 doesn't display information even though the structure and naming conventions are exactly the same.
Exactly the same how?
And yes, debug log needed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
OK, I think I know why it won't work. The episodes that are not being recognised in the Library are named using the following convention:
24 [801] Name
I think that the [] are stuffing up the recognition. How exactly can I add this to the conventions that XBMC will recognise so that I do not have to rename everything?

Quote:10:07:04 T:1988 M:4294967295 DEBUG: could not enumerate file /Videos/TV Shows/Hung/Season 1/Hung [101] Pilot.avi

***I have confirmed that the problem was the naming convention which included []. Thankyou for your assistance, especially in showing me how to debug the problem. It's time to whip out the ol' file renamer Wink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Library problem0