Can't start XBMC on multiple platforms
Question 
Hi, I've been enjoying XBMC on my main pc (windows 7) for several months now, and I've decided to get a dedicated HTPC.
The PC I got is an I3 with a gygabyte motherboard (ga-h55m-ud2h). The audio and graphics are all on-board.

I started out by installing XBMC Live, which kept freezing up a moment after it started. I tried going on safe mode and noticed it froze up right after saying "Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server sshd".
I'm a total Linux noob, so after failing to find a solution online I've decided to install Windows 7 with a normal XBMC install.
That didn't work either - XBMC crashed immediately after trying to run it. I've updated all drivers, redownloaded DIRECTX, nothing helped.

So, I've tried downloading the latest nightly build version of XBMC. THAT WORKED! Up until the scrapers finished updating the library, and then XBMC was a blank screen. Exiting and restarting it resulted in an unresponsive blank screen right after the logo.
That's where I'm stuck at the moment.
Most of this took place while my unimpressed girlfriend was spectating from the sidelines Sad

Researching my multiple issues, I ran into posts saying there's a problem with the I3 and onboard video. I'm willing to get a video card if that's what'll solve all this, and maybe even go for a refund and change the computer's specs, but before that I want to hear what you guys think is wrong with the system, or better yet, if there's a solution that doesn't involve extra expenses.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't start XBMC on multiple platforms0