Hurt Locker disappearing in Library view
I recently made a copy of my hurt locker blu ray using makemkv and i can see it in files view but as soon as i go to library it tells me its unavailable. is there a size limitation as it is about a 30gb mkv file, or am i missing something?
Have you set the content of the folder to actually scrape the film title and information - there is no file limit I have several in excess of that size and they all appear and play perfectly from the library

Check also that your naming convention matches one of the examples in the wiki and it should scrape OK,

Have a look here as well http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
Yeah content is set but even once set it disappears and yes i checked the naming conventions and the other 300 odd movies are fine, but they are mainly dvd rips and alot smaller in size which is why i was asking. any other ideas?

Thanks for your reply though
A debug log during the scrape would help otherwise myself and others are purely guessing.

Just a quick thought you don't have 'hide watched' enabled? - This can be disbled/enabled by pressing either the left arrow on a remote, or moving the mouse to the extreme left of the screen, while in library mode. This brings up a context menu and under 'misc' there is a setting to toggle 'Hide Watched' on and off.
No not hiding watched items, will post debug soon if i have no further luck
One last guess before you post the debug log - any nfo/tbn/fanart files residing in the Hurt Locker folder - if so try deleting them all and rescraping.
tried that too

Here we go one debug file, hope it helps....

http://pastebin.com/6nJyzCWj
Unless I'm wildly mistaken not only is The Hurt Locker the only problem you have, but unless I'm mistaken you will also be missing

Green Mile
Devils Rejects
Ant Bully
Appetite For Destruction

These four are easily resolved the names are incorrect - check in themoviedb for correct names (in fact the last one doesn't even have an IMDB entry for that name).

As for The Hurt Locker - can't see any reason why it wouldn't scrape - name convention seems OK. Might want to try moving the folder out the monitored directory to say e:\ (assuming the monitored directory is e:\media) Create a new folder in e:\media (don't just copy the old one back to the same location), then move only the movie file back to the newly created folder and let xbmc rescrape.
the other movies are all there in and fine i did see that in the debug but they work, appetite 4 destruction is hopeless to find and i know that, but will try your other suggestion though will let you know
You got 2 copies of The Hurt Locker - Line 346 in your debug log and again at line 427, in different folders or the same?
same file thats what it does after i go from file view setting content to library view and trying to play, i may have re did the content setting again to try and make it stick
Running out of ideas here mate - are you running these through any 3rd party scrapers - ember, media companion or the like - or have you done so previously. Cam't see why xbmc would rename a file from your source ie from The_Hurt_Locker and rename it to The Hurt Locker discarding the underscores.

Solution might be the most obvious thing - I'm just not seeing it or there is something your missing.Might have to leave this for one of the devs to cast there eye over it. Do you have nfo files as part of your folder structure?
its all working now moved it to another drive re created the folder and bingo, it works....

What's the go with that?
Thank you so much for your help, now i can enjoy all that 1080p goodness in every room of my house. you my friend are a legend
mlbblitz Wrote:its all working now moved it to another drive re created the folder and bingo, it works....

What's the go with that?
Don't know - but sometimes I have found scrapes to be ineffective, perhaps during a period of downtime at the scraper site - xbmc shows a successful srcape, but the information doesn't show. Glad its sorted anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hurt Locker disappearing in Library view0