option on how .cue files are handeled
i think there should be a option on how xbmc deals with .cue files. now it splits the mp3 into cdtracks which is ok if u listen to one album in chronological order, but in shuffle mode or party playlist mode this is a bad way of doing it.
i'd love to see an option for this behavior. either split mp3 based on .cue or not. even better would be if it played the mp3 and only used .cue to id the current track.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
Why is it bad in shuffle mode? It's exactly the same as shuffling any other album.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well problem is that usually mp3s with cue is a mixcd and should not be split. playing a mixcd in shuffle mode never sounds good.
If the mixcd was split up to begin with then you'd have the same problem. It's not a problem with .cue's specifically at all. You simply don't want shuffle on mixcds, or your mixcds played in partymode.

The latter could be achieved by tagging your mixcds appropriately and filtering them out of partymode.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

well all mixcds are split up in tracks on the cd. only reason for ripping it as one file is so that when u burn em they u don't get seconds of gap between each track. at least thats why i think they come as one track.

i don't tag my mixcds i keep em as i get em.

am i the only one that see this as a problem?
Side issue, but you certainly don't need to rip to one file if all you're worried about is gaps. That problem was solved years ago by all decent ripping and encoding apps. Anything using LAME will not have issues with encoding gapless .mp3's. I suspect, however, that it's not you ripping these at all, which explains the sticking to outdated methods! (c.f. the retarded "CD" and "DVD" sized video rips that folk do for instance).

The solution to your problem is really that you want some of your albums to shuffle as an album but others to shuffle as tracks. We thus require a way to distinguish such tracks in the database, and hence my suggestion of tagging them in a suitable manner.

Given that you want everything that has a .cue sheet to not shuffle, then one way to do this is by altering the code by exposing the startoffset and endoffset of a track to the smartplaylist rules. Any track with these has come from a .cue sheet so should be precluded from the partymode playlist. I'm happy to give pointers should you wish to code this up.

Cheers,
Jonathan

i don't want to alter anything in the cuefiles. i wanna keep everything as i got em. if your know away to set it up without altering files i'll be happy to try it. or if there are a way to make xbmc ignore .cue files all together. i guess they aren't used for anything other than mp3s anyway?
.cue's are used for any music files. Others use them with .flac for instance.

In either case, you don't sound as if you're up to altering XBMC code yourself?

Cheers,
Jonathan

zwat Wrote:if there are a way to make xbmc ignore .cue files all together.

i had the exact same question. is this possible? thanks
no i'm far away from being able to edit xbmc code Big Grin
wee i found a way to accomplish what i wanted. well not as i wanted completely, but at least better than how it is out of the box.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <musicextensions>
        <remove>.cue</remove>
    </musicextensions>
</advancedsettings>

this make it not split .cue files to many tracks. hooray!

maybe a better example why i feel there should be an option to not split .cue into tracks but only read the cdtext when it's being played.
if you have lots of ebooks as one file with chapters defined in .cue. if u make a playlist of these books and want to play them shuffled all chapters of different books will played in random order and lets say the books will be hard to understand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
option on how .cue files are handeled0