Now how (and where) to install skins on any pre10.5 release of xbmc?
Goddamned,

it's such a long time since i visited xbmc.org, and now everything seems to have changed Wink

I noticed xbmc now uses a special "addons" folder instead of the old system. Ok, now call me dumb even if i tried to find the answers to my questions both here and on the wiki, but i didn't find them..

Can someone point me to the right place to read how to work with that new "addons" system, i.e. install new skins?

If i try to add them manually, they simply do not show up when trying to change a skin from within xbmc, even if it looks like they are compatible with the new system..

Oh, and, i still use xbmc in portable mode to keep everything in program dir. i assume i have to target new skins into the \portable_data\addons\ folder, right?

edit: oh and i also would like to know about the recommended changes i have to make in order to get showmix "10.5 compatible", please.. thanks.
cheers,azido :;):
Come on, you know how to search here. If all else fails use google Smile

For a start there's a thread in the skin development forum for your last question.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Come on, you know how to search here. If all else fails use google Smile

For a start there's a thread in the skin development forum for your last question.

Cheers,
Jonathan

you know, a good search recommends using the right keywords Tongue

ok, i'll have a look.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now how (and where) to install skins on any pre10.5 release of xbmc?0