Problem updating library after migration?
Hello,

I am hoping that someone can help me out with a problem I seem to be having. Here is the scenario:

I have just built a homemade server using WHS and five 2TB SATA hard drives as storage and parity. I am using Flexraid on this machine. These are 5400RPM drives. The operating system is on a 160MB IDE hard drive. This machine has only 1GB of memory and an AMD Sempron 140 2.7MH single core processor.
I have transferred all of my videos to this pc from another Win 7 machine I was using as my main HTPC. I had XBMC release 9.11 on my server and then tried a later rev, with the same results. I added my TV shows as a source set them to TV shows and opted to update the library. It updated a few episodes and then quit updating a while after that. I have 70 something folders of TV shows, some empty, some somewhat full and a couple shows are completed. All shows and episodes have NFO files and appropriate jpegs/TBN files. When I select to update the library, hoping that it will scrape in all of my shows it usually craps out. If it does manage to update a show, it takes about 10 minutes to update each episode. On my other machine it took just a few seconds for each episode with NFO files. Unfortunately, I am not at my PC now so I can not show you a log file. I have removed the shows and episodes that did not scrape, cleaned the library and added them again. The same thing happens, it will scan for an eternity, update a few episodes, then stop. So I removed all episodes again, cleaned the library and just added one show with 50 something episodes. It went ahead scanned and added them to the library. Ts seems that if I add each show, one at a time, it appears to work. If I add all of my shows at once it does not, it will stop updating the library. All of these shows were scanned with XBMC on the other HTPC that I had, so they should work. Does anyone have any answers for me off the top of their head? By the way, when my Server pc is scanning and then adding shows to the library, the processor is pegged at 100% in use according to the troubleshooting info available in XBMC.

A.) Why would the library update stop before completing the update with show folders remaining to be scanned and entered.

B.) What in my system could be causing it to take so long to update each episode with NFOs...CPU, hard drive speed, memory, something else?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem updating library after migration?0