Can not get logos to work ?
Hi guys

I'm new to xbmc but have spent quite some hours reading and learning, and managed to overcome most issues and things I don't understand I've encountered. Anyway I've spent ages googling around and searching this forum but I can not find an answer to this problem, so I do apologise in advance for this newbie question.

With that said.

I can not get tv show logos to show up in my tv library. I've tried on stable camelot build with pre merge night skin and I've tried with latest SVN build and the git night merge build. I've reinstalled XBMC a few times and I've readded and rescaned my sources none of which seems to fix it.

I will show Screenshot of how it looks in xbmc at the moment and also how my directory is set up :

Z:\++TELEVISION++\++HD is my source directory

Maybe I'm over looking something so any help would be much appreciated.
Obvious answers first-
Do you have logos? Did you run the script or grab the logo manually?
Do your Shows even have logos to begin with?

A degug log would telll us more, or maybe a screenshot of your directory would help too

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Hi mcborzu

Superb skin btw I love it. Thanks for taking your time to answer when this is most likely not even the right forum to post it in Smile

pastebin link http://pastebin.com/FFyxZYqS

I notice some logo errors not sure what they mean though, the directory structure is the same as guided to it in ur script thread source>tv show name>episodes and logo.png

lines i see are :

18:02:44 T:2332 M:904609792 DEBUG: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - took 61 ms to load special://skin/media/backdrops/curtains.png
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904601600 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\Top Gear\logo.png Error: (3)
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904597504 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\Top Gear\logo.png
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904593408 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\True Blood\logo.png Error: (3)
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904589312 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\True Blood\logo.png
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904572928 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\Desperate Housewives\logo.png Error: (3)
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904572928 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\Desperate Housewives\logo.png
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904482816 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: videodb://2/logo.png Error: (0)
18:02:44 T:2332 M:904482816 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: videodb://2/logo.png
After reading my own debug log i noticed that the directory names are not how they are meant to be, it seems that my ++ use in my directory's makes it so xmbc cant load the files.

For example the path to my tv shows is Z:\++TELEVISION++\++HD but in the debug log it shows as Z:\ TELEVISION \ HD\Desperate Housewives\logo.png

it seems to remove the ++ and just add spaces. I made a test folder without any special characters and it works fine. Sorry to be a trouble, I guess I will just have to rename all my folders.

I';m guessing theres no way around this ?
Well glad you got it sorted out atleast it's a simple change, shouldn't take too much time...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
why on earth would you name your folders like that anyway? o_O

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not get logos to work ?0