Video card requirements
Hello. I installed the last "alaska revisited" version from SVN and while it looks great, it stutters badly when browsing the music library in "wall" mode, or movies in anything but "file" view mode (and even there it stutters sometimes).
I enabled the debug log and the overlay shows anything from 30 to 55 fps, and using GPUZ, the GPU load stays at 95%~100% all the time, only going down to 75% when idling in the home menu (without playing anything or pressing anything on the remote).
I tried the confluence skin and the GPU load goes down to ~35% and stays low.
I expected much less GPU load (at least when doing nothing in the home menu). Since my video card uses a passive heatsink, the temperature quickly climbs to 70ºC, but doesn't get as hot when decoding 1080p videos Huh.
Is there a problem with my configuration or I just need a better video card to get smooth menus?
I think I'm doing something wrong because I've seen youtube videos with Acer revos with a much slower ION GPU doing fine with the Aeon skin (that doesn't work without stuttering either Sad).

Maybe the posters/fanart/etc. are too big and I'd need to resize them to a lower resolution.

I have windows 7 running on a Celeron E3300 with 2GB of RAM and an ATI HD5450.

Thanks for any help.
I think you need to enable hardware decoding or something = so your graphics card is doing the dirty work, otherwise XBMC uses the processor on Windows i think. I have a ION and for me it doesn't stutter even when i enable animated fanarts Big Grin
Are you using windows? If so, can you check the GPU load with a program like GPU-z? I get very high loads even when doing nothing in the home menu.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video card requirements0