• 1(current)
Requests
Please post all requests here. Be very detailed and provide screenshots and/or drawings of what you want.

I may not get all of them but I should be able to get some.
To learn more, click here.
Requests:
It would be nice to have a [MOD] Home customization, like Aeon has, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990
also to customize random changing background in Home.

Otherway really perfect designed skin. Congratulations.
This is one of the best skins I've seen. The views are amazing but the ability to customize Home Screen backdrop images for each section, like Movies, TV Shows, etc. would be an excellent feature.

Also, when I finish adding my sources and then I Hide 'Videos' from the home screen the remaining Home icons are not centered (not enough icons to fill the screen horizontally).

Keep up the great work, beautiful skin!
OK, Both of you asked for the same thing. Lets see if this works.

Here are the files to turn on Custom Backgrounds on the home screen.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

If you turn Recently Added off, you will have to manually set each background (it will default to the icons). With so much going on on the Home Screen, this is the best I could do. If you leave Recently Added on, the backgrounds will be the default ones that Shade uses.

Files:

Skin Settings

Home
Excellent, I'll give this a try later when I'm home. You said that we have to manually set each background. Where is this done? through the Skin Settings?
ecn758 Wrote:Excellent, I'll give this a try later when I'm home. You said that we have to manually set each background. Where is this done? through the Skin Settings?

Yes. But you only have to set each one manually if you have recently added turned off.
Hello great skin but I am req. a few things.

1.) I would Like an option to turn off the info in the wallstream view, right now it covers other movies, I look at all movies and page up and page down and just hit " I " for info.

2.) Vertical scrolling. This on is one that I still don't understand. With Horizontal scrolling one is only able to see an additional two movies for most of the panel views. I have mentioned this on other threads as I have a really large collection, over 1200, and it takes forever when using most skins wall or panel view.

Movie Poster number difference in Shade scrolling: Horizontal vs Vertical

Wallstream you only add three Hor. as opposed to seven Ver. when scrolling

Mini wall is not so bad at 3 hor. 4 ver.

Poster panel is bad at 2 hor. over 5 ver. This is the view I like to use in Genres...

Anywho I think you can see my point. With Vert. scrolling one can much faster get through their movies.

3.) Can you make an option to "undarken" the posters on all the panel and wall views for movies? Just like you have an option to Darken the fanart in TV Fanart view non "A" version. with the darkened posters in movies it is hard to see "all the movie posters on the screen" but the highlighted one. I have a large screen theater and with all the dark filtering in all the skins have been stuck using Aeon so I can see them. This is a WAF thing as again I have a theater with 100" screen and seating at about 15'-25'. darkened poster are not visible to the back seaters.

4.) The home screen Color changing lights. Can you make them brighter. It would be a much more dramatic effect especially on larger screen theaters

Thanks with those changes and a few more tweaking this might be the new skin to get me off of Aeon. Aeon is nice but I have used it for too too long and want a change.
Ok last night I just briefly used TV Shows section so here are a few "nit-picky" things I remember noticing. Feel free to ignore these as its just my personal taste and like I said, may be 'nit-picking'.

Unfortunately couldn't take screenshots at the time so I'll to my best to explain.

Ok I'm using the TV Show view seen on the bottom right of this shot which i stole from the release thread, except its listing my shows not genres:

Not sure if this is universal but on my screen (42" 720p) the posters seem too small for the space. There seems to be quite a bit of room to make them bigger. Even when using banners too. This view has no info, just the poster but even the other views (bottom left of that screenshot) that show a bit of info I feel could use larger images?
In the screenshot shown the genre icon is larger than the posters. Perhaps the poster could be the same size?

Another thing I noticed is the stars seen in the same screenshot above look quite out of place with such a minimal, clean skin. Especially when the shadow is seen when highlighted (clerks or rambo in the screenshot)
Imo a slightly smaller solid white or grey star with no shadow would look much better.

Ok this is kind of a question that could become a request; In the following image, the top left and bottom right show an expanded list item with plot etc.
Does that happen automatically when you scroll to the item or do you push 'i'? If it happens automatically could there be an option to do that for the above image, bottom right view? OR a probably easier solution, can you turn off the star ratings in the view below?

circle_ Wrote:Ok last night I just briefly used TV Shows section so here are a few "nit-picky" things I remember noticing. Feel free to ignore these as its just my personal taste and like I said, may be 'nit-picking'.

Unfortunately couldn't take screenshots at the time so I'll to my best to explain.

Ok I'm using the TV Show view seen on the bottom right of this shot which i stole from the release thread, except its listing my shows not genres:

Not sure if this is universal but on my screen (42" 720p) the posters seem too small for the space. There seems to be quite a bit of room to make them bigger. Even when using banners too. This view has no info, just the poster but even the other views (bottom left of that screenshot) that show a bit of info I feel could use larger images?
In the screenshot shown the genre icon is larger than the posters. Perhaps the poster could be the same size?

Another thing I noticed is the stars seen in the same screenshot above look quite out of place with such a minimal, clean skin. Especially when the shadow is seen when highlighted (clerks or rambo in the screenshot)
Imo a slightly smaller solid white or grey star with no shadow would look much better.

Ok this is kind of a question that could become a request; In the following image, the top left and bottom right show an expanded list item with plot etc.
Does that happen automatically when you scroll to the item or do you push 'i'? If it happens automatically could there be an option to do that for the above image, bottom right view? OR a probably easier solution, can you turn off the star ratings in the view below?

The reason that view you mention sucks (to be honest) is because its a filemode view. It was not designed to be used for library mode. It was designed to work for many different media types thats why the icon (poster in your case) is smaller.
igotdvds Wrote:The reason that view you mention sucks (to be honest) is because its a filemode view. It was not designed to be used for library mode. It was designed to work for many different media types thats why the icon (poster in your case) is smaller.

Ahh ok. I just liked the simplicity of it. I guess I'll use the other list view then. Is it possible to turn of star ratings?
circle_ Wrote:Ahh ok. I just liked the simplicity of it. I guess I'll use the other list view then. Is it possible to turn of star ratings?

Not at the moment, this was by design. The skin was originally designed that way.
igotdvds Wrote:Not at the moment, this was by design. The skin was originally designed that way.

Ok. I might have a go at changing the star image then if possible. Cheers.
igotdvds Wrote:OK, Both of you asked for the same thing. Lets see if this works.

Here are the files to turn on Custom Backgrounds on the home screen.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

If you turn Recently Added off, you will have to manually set each background (it will default to the icons). With so much going on on the Home Screen, this is the best I could do. If you leave Recently Added on, the backgrounds will be the default ones that Shade uses.

Files:

Skin Settings

Home

And what about my first request ? ( [MOD] Home customization, like Aeon has, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990 ) would it be possible ?
butchabay Wrote:And what about my first request ? ( [MOD] Home customization, like Aeon has, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990 ) would it be possible ?

Basically, the ability to add custom home buttons?
igotdvds Wrote:Basically, the ability to add custom home buttons?

Yes, that would be very cool. Maybe with possibility to choose extra icons.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requests0