• 10(current)
Requests
dan1son Wrote:igotdvds,

Give any thoughts to my requests before? You did the watched icons which is great, but the music playback screen really needs some information on what's playing. I don't really use the fullscreen mode much.

What is the "music playback" screen? Are you saying you dont use the fullscreen visualization screen?
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Big Grin

There is an addon button on the home screen. Huh

There is a visualization screen for movies that is very ncie and includes a spinning cd and fanart visualization. Huh

i still cant find the add-ons from the home screen as you mentioned. (see screenshots below)

the only option i can see is to change the skin settings or to go to the settings (which doesnt have an option to manage add-ons). currently i have to revert back to confluence to update / manage other add-ons.

im not sure how can this be done, but a readme / FAQ in the main forum page would be helpful for new users like me Smile

anyway great job. and thanks again.
In skin settings, there is an option for every button on the home screen to hide it. Your addon button is just hidden.
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
vanOert Wrote:In skin settings, there is an option for every button on the home screen to hide it. Your addon button is just hidden.

Also, it may say scripts, but it means addons.
@vanMiez and VanOert:

I fixed the issue with musicvisualization, if you update from the repo, it will be fixed. Smile
ah thanks for the clarifications. now i feel stupid. haha
* Some overlay opacities are way too low. I can barely see the fanart on "poster view" and "big poster". "low list" and "poster list" are good.
* Info screen needs to have all information. where else are we going to get it form?
* Time finished on info page.
* Add the wall view from Night skin

That; and this skin is #1
ventech Wrote:* Some overlay opacities are way too low. I can barely see the fanart on "poster view" and "big poster". "low list" and "poster list" are good.
* Info screen needs to have all information. where else are we going to get it form?
* Time finished on info page.
* Add the wall view from Night skin

That; and this skin is #1

Those views dont look good with bright fanart, in my opinion.

What info do you want on the Info screen?

I will look at adding Time Finished.
What info? All you can get. director, writer, studio, genre, country, year, runtime, rating, tagline, plot outline.
think i got everything..
ventech Wrote:What info? All you can get. director, writer, studio, genre, country, year, runtime, rating, tagline, plot outline.
think i got everything..

It already has Director, studio, year, runtime, rating, and plot. Thats a lot to squeeze on one screen.
igotdvds Wrote:What is the "music playback" screen? Are you saying you dont use the fullscreen visualization screen?

Sorry not the playback screen... I'm referring to the music views. Artists, albums, tracks. I tend to listen to music mostly sitting at one of those and currently there's no information displaying what is currently playing.

If I select Track 1 of a specific album it'll play, but unless you switch to the visualization view there is absolutely no indication about what is playing.

Most skins have a text highlight showing which track is playing when you're still looking at the same album (text gets dimmer/brighter... something like that).

Others take it further and have a little floating box that is viewable in other views like albums/artists or pictures.
http://xbmc.org/wp-content/gallery/media...stream.jpg for example. Confluence, Alaska, etc. have a "Now Playing" box similar to that one.

It's handy to have that displayed when looking through music for something else to play.

I also detailed a bunch of slight metadata tweaks in a longer post last week... just wondering what your thoughts were.
igotdvds Wrote:The Info screen was designed by the original designer and wont be changed unless he asks me too. I hate changing things that differ from his original concept. This is the reason there are so many options in Shade. Rather than differ his design, I just make it the users choice.

That is fair enough, I wouldn't want to intrude on the original design.

igotdvds Wrote:Can you provide me with some more info on BBC ratings and their respective images?

I actually made a mod for xperience to get UK film ratings working

Code:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79622

in the movie nfo's, the code is something like

Code:
<mpaa>UK:18</mpaa>
instead of
Code:
<mpaa>Rated R for Violence and Extreme Language</mpaa>
igotdvds Wrote:It already has Director, studio, year, runtime, rating, and plot. Thats a lot to squeeze on one screen.
Well of course you cant have both poster, fanart, and all the other info on the same screen.
But you can fit all the info on it. Confluence manage it just fine.
Lightbulb 
Mr. igotdvds,
is there an easy way to remove the Boxee icons and make the black bar smaller on the home screen to only have the text labels? I like them, but i am a minimalist at heart... If not, how would i go about modding it?
Thanks.
Jason

also, the ability to place menu bar at bottom of screen, and maybe make the whole thing a bit smaller so the icons/ menu is stationary when going through. (although, the size was probably intentional for readability, no?) just wondering...
vanOert Wrote:In skin settings, there is an option for every button on the home screen to hide it. Your addon button is just hidden.

except for settings and shutdown, correct? can we at least implement a 'hide shutdown button', seeing as there is a keyboard shortcut for it? i'm trying to simplify my home screen, and also prevent wandering fingers and thumbs from changing settings... (kids... wives... collectively speaking, as i am not a mormon)
Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requests0