• 13(current)
Requests
Amet Wrote:which window? the script or the controller?

regarding the png's, they are borrowed from Confluence, so thank Jezz_X

When the lyrics script runs, the videoOSD is on top of the lyrics window.
To learn more, click here.
if you look at the files Fixie posted you will find a solution to that.

add <onclick>close</onclick> under <onclick>RunScript(<your lyrics script>)</onclick>

that will close videoOSD/musicOSD or PlayerControls.xml as I had it
Amet Wrote:if you look at the files Fixie posted you will find a solution to that.

add <onclick>close</onclick> under <onclick>RunScript(<your lyrics script>)</onclick>

that will close videoOSD/musicOSD or PlayerControls.xml as I had it

That works, thanks man.
hogfan Wrote:This is my favorite TV View, but I'm not a big fan of the "white box" background for the selected episode. It kind of clashes with the rest of the transparency on the screen. Would it be possible to allow us to adjust the transparency of this box with the "fade white box" option? Maybe like 75% transparency or something? This way the episode details are still readable, but you don't have the opaque white box. Or another suggestion.........maybe do away with the whitebox background for the select episode and simply use a slightly raised glass-overlay for the selected episode, and change the text color of the episode details to white. This the only thing that doesn't seem to "flow" with this skin for me. Here is an example of the view I am talking about:

Another thought, maybe give a little more control over the Recently added information that is displayed. I would be nice be able to say turn things off like
"Just Watched" movies, etc. All in all great skin.

-hogfan

I like hogfan's suggestion: option for glass overlay instead of white box.

It would also be nice if we could disable the star ratings in TV and movie views.
jasonlcox Wrote:It would also be nice if we could disable the star ratings in TV and movie views.

I believe this is actually in the works. Just in case: Number ratings! :-)
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Hi igotdvds,

long time!! I have a request. I've returned to your skin after a long time unsing reFocus. I see that there is no spanish translation and I'm translating the git files. But I see some strings that is impossible to do (Statistics, Featured, etc in main menu for example). Can you look at this please?

Thanks!
MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi igotdvds,

long time!! I have a request. I've returned to your skin after a long time unsing reFocus. I see that there is no spanish translation and I'm translating the git files. But I see some strings that is impossible to do (Statistics, Featured, etc in main menu for example). Can you look at this please?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "impossible to do"?
Sorry, impossible to translate I mean Smile
igotdvds Wrote:What do you mean by "impossible to do"?

I think he's referring to your lack of use of strings in some scenarios. We talked about that... Wink
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
Yes, there are 784 strings without the posibility to translate (aproximate number, maybe I missed someone) and here is the list:

http://pastebin.com/DuGBQBbZ

This list has all the strings I've found in the repo in 2010-10-16 commits.

I hope it is useful to you Smile

PS: You have done an amazing job igotdvds
Hello all
Long time lurker, first time posting.
Been using XBMC for a few years now and have used (I think) every skin that has come and gone. I can say that this new version of Shade has been exactly what I've been looking for. Outstanding Home screen, great views, easy to navigate..I could go on.

I only have two (hopefully simple) requests that would really be the icing on the cake for me.

1) Banner.jpg support. The banner views look really great, especially that vertical layout one. However all my artwork for shows has been setup from Big Alaska's naming convention. Namely Poster.jpg, Landscape.jpg, Banner.jpg, Clearart.png and Logo.png.

I see that Landscape.jpg support has been included into Shade. Any chance on Banner.jpg or a toggle option like in Legacy Dark? This would allow us to switch between all your views without having to rescrape artwork. And with a toggle option it would still allow people to use it as it is now for those that purely use wide posters.

2) A bolder or fatter font. On the computers it's currently very easy to read. On my 50" plasma it's still okay, but gets fuzzy with the smaller info type text. On my 48" rear projection tv, it's almost nigh impossible to make out letters as they come off fuzzy since the fonts are so thin. I know fonts are a bit of a pain to work with, but it never hurts to ask Smile

Thanks again for your hard work on this really great skin! Just so you know, it's being used on a home network of 6pcs, 2 HDtvs, and used at the house of friends where I setup XBMC for them.
jasonlcox Wrote:I like hogfan's suggestion: option for glass overlay instead of white box.

It would also be nice if we could disable the star ratings in TV and movie views.

Guess I had more than 2 requests Smile

I would also like to suggest a different overlay for the list views. That opaque white is kind of 'in your face' and can be hard to read for those with bad eyes. That and it never seemed to fit in with the rest of the skin's looks. Glass overlay would be nice or maybe some transparency.
Hey buddy,

we're currently using the alternate homescreen because overall, we like it much more. one thing that bugs us though is that the recently added info on the home button isn't there (the overall media stats). if we could have that... :-)

Also, if this was a design choice, make it a toggle setting.

thanks
I´d like a brazilian portuguese translation!!
Hi

First time poster and just found this skin and love it, must say outstanding work igotdvds, love how clean the skin is in alternate mode.

Only 2 things bug me a little and wonder if i missed an option somewhere.

Is there a way to change the transparency of the white box, say to 50-75% i find it a little harsh on the eyes?

Also is there a way to disable the Stars, not really a fan sorry (i don't mind digging into the code and changing stuff if I'm told where and what to change, not really a coder).

Keep up the great work and looking forward to a reply.
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requests0