Noob help needed
Hi, i received my revo 3610 last wednesday and have been engaged in a battle of wits with it since then i have it running now more of less but i have some questions/issues that i was wondering if anyone could help with.

I installed win7 enterprise on the system with no problems to begin with.

1.I now have xbmc windows version installed, but am still experiencing stuttering during playback on certain films, i have installed codecs, alterted advanced settings read through about 300 pages of advice, but still have no solution..this is my first time building a htpc so any advice would be appreciated

2. I then decided to give xbmc live a go, installed it onto a usb and i runs videos perfectly. The problem is that i get no sound at all, music or videos. i have altered the output and it makes no difference.

3. In xbmc live, how do i alter the skin if i want aeon, my computer no longer recognises my usb drive so i cant add skins to the xbmc home folder like i would if i had it installed in windows.

4. Again in xbmc live, how would i get it to connect to the internet for scrapping etc.....

I am sure that these questions are very simple to most, but i really have no idea, i feel that im only a couple steps away from having a nice little setup.

Thanks for any help.
Hi fernadez

These basic questions can all be answered from the wiki.

But okay, here it goes:
1) Windows xbmc does not support hardware acceleration. That means weak computers with a low-end graphicscard cant play HD movies (720p and 1080p) without stutter. If you download the nightlies for windows they do support this, so thats the way to go if you want windows xbmc.

2) Thats because you havent set up your audio settings correct. If you use HDMI try setting to hdmi, or analog. for me it is always backwards, so i have to set it to analog.

3) Here you need to use a program like putty and use some linux code f.ex. I dont know this, but that can easily be googled.

4) That should happen automatic if you are cabled. If not, then you need to install some wifi drivers.

FINALLY, have you read this guideHuh Its called how to install xbmc live on revo for noobies
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
XBMC works very well on a Revo 3610 with Windows 7, but as StefanM says you need to download one of the development builds from mirrors.xbmc.org as version 9.11 doesn't support hardware acceleration.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob help needed0