ATV(osx); no audio after playing specific file
This may be related.

If I start playing a music album (FLAC files) the first file plays fine, however, when it reaches the end of the first song XBMC briefly displays "unable to initialize audio device" (or something like that) and the sound mutes even though the song's time counter increases. If I press stop followed by play I am back in the game.

ATV
Ubuntu Hardy
XBMC revision 31647
Audio device (and passthrough) configured to IECsomething and optical out

I am unfortunately unable to provide a log at this time, but can look into it if you guys cannot reproduce it.
@amet

Thanks for your time and support. I tried to start from scratch and did a factory restore. This did not help. The default setting after the factory restore was analog output...

here's the log playing this file.
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/6Tkca76p

I really don't know what to do next... any chance for me that the changeset 31483 will simply revertedHuh
Just for kicks, back to digital, set 4.0 and make sure any pass through settings are disabled.
Hi,

just tested with all speaker configuration... no luck.

Here's the log for 4.0
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/vcjRWmJ0

I was just thinking ,does switching from HDMI to component cable would solve the problem?

I'm going camping tomorrow and I'll be back on Monday.
curlyjs Wrote:Hi,

just tested with all speaker configuration... no luck.

Here's the log for 4.0
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/vcjRWmJ0

I was just thinking ,does switching from HDMI to component cable would solve the problem?

I'm going camping tomorrow and I'll be back on Monday.

line 19 in the log still says "INFO: Using digital output"

try setting it to analog, and/or enable ac3 and dts passthrough(thats whats enabled on mine)
Amet Wrote:line 19 in the log still says "INFO: Using digital output"

try setting it to analog, and/or enable ac3 and dts passthrough(thats whats enabled on mine)

The option for ac3 and dts is gray when analog is selected. If I choose those option in HDMI, they are removed when choosing analog.
Switching to component cable did solve my problem... I'll stick with that for the moment.

If someone wants me to investigate further more, I can switch back.
pouldam Wrote:This may be related.

If I start playing a music album (FLAC files) the first file plays fine, however, when it reaches the end of the first song XBMC briefly displays "unable to initialize audio device" (or something like that) and the sound mutes even though the song's time counter increases. If I press stop followed by play I am back in the game.

ATV
Ubuntu Hardy
XBMC revision 31647
Audio device (and passthrough) configured to IECsomething and optical out

I am unfortunately unable to provide a log at this time, but can look into it if you guys cannot reproduce it.

Just a follow up on this one. The error only occours if crossfading is enabled.
pouldam Wrote:Just a follow up on this one. The error only occours if crossfading is enabled.

If using the Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image:
It was documented by Sam that the crossfading would not work due to him using ALSA 1.0.19 for the sound.
JDizzy Wrote:If using the Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image:
It was documented by Sam that the crossfading would not work due to him using ALSA 1.0.19 for the sound.

Hmm... I am not using the disk image and crossfading has been working fine some time ago. I uninstalled Pulse Audio per recommendation some time ago though. Wonder it that could be the cause...
Let's stay on topic please. This thread is about an audio problem running on the AppleTV under OSX and not Linux. If you have audio issues running under Linux, start a new thread.
I'm not sure if my problem is related to this topic or I'm just not able to find right adjustment in menu.
I moved last night from SVN 28xxx to newest SVN31746 and after installation I can't hear audio in movies with DTS audio. I'm using HDMI connection directly to the TV. My setting is audio output: HDMI, 2.0 channels, boost volume yes, receiver capability of AC3,DTS all switch off and audio output build in line output.
Any advice?
Thx
seems to be related. I've been unable to make it work on my setup, I've switched to component. There isn't any drawback since we are limited to 720p.
same here, installed same version, aTV connected to TV via HDMI, play a movie, no sound, after that no sound for any other movies.

Installed 9.11 temporary until (if) issue will be resolved.
I tried newest SVN 31901 but still the same problem. Is it really problem of three people only?
It seems to corrupt as well sound in ATV menu after shutdown XBMC. I can't hear clicks when moving between menues.
I went back to 9.11 since I have no link to r28256 which was working well.
Can anyone upload r28256 to servers for me?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV(osx); no audio after playing specific file0