• 6(current)
Issues: List all problems here.
carimari Wrote:symptom.
the background fan-art for the recently added in Home screen doesnt match the updated fan-art in the Movies screen

how to reproduce.
1- insert DVD source and add movies into library, let the recenly added in Home screen to display the movie name and fan-art.
2- then goto Movie screen and change fan-art to something else.
3-go back to Home screen, and notice the displayed screen is still the same (unchanged).

note: I cant seem to be able to reproduce this 100% (all the time).

sample (Home Screen with recently added list)

sample (Movie Screen with updated fan-art which is not displayed in recently added)

This would fall on the recently added script. Remove the item from your library and let it pull again. It should fix it.
To learn more, click here.
Hello, I first want to say that you have a trully amazing skin. I have played around with many skins and toggle between Plex, Boxee and XBMC. My wife mainly uses Boxee due to the simplicity of the app but I like to custimize and have more control over my media so I Just installed the new Dharma beta 2 of XBMC and installed your skin Shade 1.0.9.

It reminds me of Boxee but looks way better than Boxee ...... anyway keep up the great work. I did notice a few minor things that was kinda annoying and maybe its me just being stupid or just missing something because im new to the XBMC scene.

1: Is there a way to have the icon's pop out more when going trough the home screen icons. The only way im able to determin what I have selected is by whats on the background. Its hard to see what Icon im on..... if that makes any sense.

2: Is there a way to disable to star ratings?

3: I did notice that when I try and play a trailer from a movie in my movies library it starts playing a random movie, not the movie I have selected to play trailer.

4: TV Show Icons under skin prefernces. There is a option under the skin settings to use tv show icons and then a button to download or update but when I hit that nothing happens. I didnt know what this was......?

5: Does this skin support 10809 or 1080i?

Anyway thats all I can think of at the moment but other than that Great Skin

Here is my setup

Snow leopard 10.6.4
xbmc-r33778-Dharma_beta2-x86
Shade Skin 1.0.9
Using Remote Buddy with PS3 Bluetooth remote

Thanks
bkkrafty Wrote:Hello, I first want to say that you have a trully amazing skin. I have played around with many skins and toggle between Plex, Boxee and XBMC. My wife mainly uses Boxee due to the simplicity of the app but I like to custimize and have more control over my media so I Just installed the new Dharma beta 2 of XBMC and installed your skin Shade 1.0.9.

It reminds me of Boxee but looks way better than Boxee ...... anyway keep up the great work. I did notice a few minor things that was kinda annoying and maybe its me just being stupid or just missing something because im new to the XBMC scene.

1: Is there a way to have the icon's pop out more when going trough the home screen icons. The only way im able to determin what I have selected is by whats on the background. Its hard to see what Icon im on..... if that makes any sense.

2: Is there a way to disable to star ratings?

3: I did notice that when I try and play a trailer from a movie in my movies library it starts playing a random movie, not the movie I have selected to play trailer.

4: TV Show Icons under skin prefernces. There is a option under the skin settings to use tv show icons and then a button to download or update but when I hit that nothing happens. I didnt know what this was......?

5: Does this skin support 10809 or 1080i?

Anyway thats all I can think of at the moment but other than that Great Skin

Here is my setup

Snow leopard 10.6.4
xbmc-r33778-Dharma_beta2-x86
Shade Skin 1.0.9
Using Remote Buddy with PS3 Bluetooth remote

Thanks

Everything you listed is available either in Skin Settings or in each views settings.

For the logos to work, you have to install the logo downloader script from the addons section.
See here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81618
I just did a clean install of the Shade skin tonight the the terminal using GIT. I changed skins to Confluence and rebooted XBMC. I then SSHed into my XBMC box and deleted the skin.shade folder. Then I created a new skin.shade folder and cloned the git repository to it from the terminal. Then I changed directories to the skin.shade folder and did
Code:
git pull --rebase

Problems found:

1.) Black bar is not showing on homescreen although it is enabled.
2.) Glass overlay is not showing and it is also enabled.
3.) Nothing showing as featured in Movies, Music, or TV shows now.
4.) Unable to tell what option is selected in the Skin settings screen under general now.

When I had shade previously installed from the repo I set custom backgrounds for all my screens. These are still there. Is there a cache somewhere that I need to clear?

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:I just did a clean install of the Shade skin tonight the the terminal using GIT. I changed skins to Confluence and rebooted XBMC. I then SSHed into my XBMC box and deleted the skin.shade folder. Then I created a new skin.shade folder and cloned the git repository to it from the terminal. Then I changed directories to the skin.shade folder and did
Code:
git pull --rebase

Problems found:

1.) Black bar is not showing on homescreen although it is enabled.
2.) Glass overlay is not showing and it is also enabled.
3.) Nothing showing as featured in Movies, Music, or TV shows now.
4.) Unable to tell what option is selected in the Skin settings screen under general now.

When I had shade previously installed from the repo I set custom backgrounds for all my screens. These are still there. Is there a cache somewhere that I need to clear?

-hogfan

Not sure man. Do this.

Downlaod the source from GIT as a zip file then extract it into a fresh skin.shade folder.

Dont forget to check your appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons folder for a skin.shade in there too.

FYI. I am updating the git now, wait a few minutes.
I`ve downloades the latest from git and i have two problems

1)the series fanart is missing in every view
2)the featured section is empty
ederson Wrote:I`ve downloades the latest from git and i have two problems

1)the series fanart is missing in every view
2)the featured section is empty

1.) Screenshot?
2.) Did you download the randomitems script?
1)here`s an example

as you can see fanart exists

2)BlushBlushBlushBlush
sorry i`ve missed this part
Looks like I found another issue:

Unable to select anything when going into the install/update screen on any addon from the addons menu.

I will add screenshots of all issues I'm seeing after work today.

Also, we need to install the randomitems script separately? I did not have to do this when I installed from the repo. Is this something we will need to install manually when using the SVN builds of Shade?

BTW, nice work on the custom Programs and Addons icons.

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Looks like I found another issue:

Unable to select anything when going into the install/update screen on any addon from the addons menu.

I will add screenshots of all issues I'm seeing after work today.

Also, we need to install the randomitems script separately? I did not have to do this when I installed from the repo. Is this something we will need to install manually when using the SVN builds of Shade?

BTW, nice work on the custom Programs and Addons icons.

-hogfan

The buttons work for me. Are you sure there is a button that can be highlighted? If they are greyed out, they cant be selected.
Ok, here are the screenshots of the issues I'm seeing. I uninstalled the repo version of Shade from the Addons manager and rebooted XBMC. Then I started with a fresh .xbmc/addons/skin.shade folder and did a git pull and then then rebase. These are my screenshots after activating the newly downloaded shade skin from GIT.

As you can see, recently added works, but the featured section does not:

In this screenshot of the settings screen, you cannot see which item is selected, however "Enable TV show logos" is hightlighted. I initially thought this was due to the light color of my custom background for settings, but in the repo version of Shade, I am able to see the hightlighted item without issue.

And here are the screenshots of the strange issue with the addon update/install screens:

As stated above, this is after removing the repo version of Shade via the addons manager, creating a fresh skin.shade folder and grabbing the new files from GIT.

One other strange thing is this:

I would think my custom backgrounds I set would go back to default after uninstalling Shade and installing a fresh version, but they do not. Is there a location where shade caches that i need to clear (live/linux install)? If I delete the skin.shade folder and re-install Shade from the repo again, everything works as normal again. Any ideas?

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Ok, here are the screenshots of the issues I'm seeing. I uninstalled the repo version of Shade from the Addons manager and rebooted XBMC. Then I started with a fresh .xbmc/addons/skin.shade folder and did a git pull and then then rebase. These are my screenshots after activating the newly downloaded shade skin from GIT.

As you can see, recently added works, but the featured section does not:

In this screenshot of the settings screen, you cannot see which item is selected, however "Enable TV show logos" is hightlighted. I initially thought this was due to the light color of my custom background for settings, but in the repo version of Shade, I am able to see the hightlighted item without issue.

And here are the screenshots of the strange issue with the addon update/install screens:

As stated above, this is after removing the repo version of Shade via the addons manager, creating a fresh skin.shade folder and grabbing the new files from GIT.

One other strange thing is this:

I would think my custom backgrounds I set would go back to default after uninstalling Shade and installing a fresh version, but they do not. Is there a location where shade caches that i need to clear (live/linux install)? If I delete the skin.shade folder and re-install Shade from the repo again, everything works as normal again. Any ideas?

-hogfan

1. You need to install the randomitems cript.
2. Are you on Linux? If so, the issue is case sensitivity with the images that arent displaying.
The random items script is not part of the skin? I only ask because I did not have to install it with the repo version of Shade. And yes, I am on Linux. Should I just wait for the next repo version of the skin to ensure there aren't case sensitivity issues?

Thanks.

-hogfan
I'm having a issue with the addon (script) icons. I can set them up fine, but they won't run from the home screen. They will run, however, from any of the video/plugins section. The program icons work great! (ie. pandora, nextaired)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues: List all problems here.0