Unable to change poster art.
I am using build r31516 from the nightly build list. I am unable to change poster art. The scraper found the wrong info for the movie, I changed the listing and scraped the movie again. The right movie info is displayed but I am unable to change the poster art? I downloaded the right poster put it into the movie folder and the right poster comes up in the movie info screen and if I go into the folder and click on the Avi file the right movie poster shows up in the right hand screen. But I an unable to change the movie poster art on the main listing screen. Any Ideas?
Thanks SteveD1961

Movies\Black Magic\Black Magic.avi
Movies\Black Magic\Black Magic.tbn
Movies\Black Magic\Black Magic.jpg
Movies\Black Magic\Movie.tbn
Refreshing the info for the movie should do the trick, as will browsing for that image via Get Poster. Ensure that you updated both posters in there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I right click on the movie in question, bringing up the menu. I chose Movie Info. I chose Refresh, I update and get the correct movie info including the right movie poster. When I go back to the main screen the old poster is unchanged. I go back to Movie Info and chose get thumb the list for current icon shows the wrong poster, the thumb below it local shows the right icon. Clicking on the local icon chances the icon on the movie info screen, but the Movie poster on the main screen is still the original wrong poster. This only seems to happen on Movie posters that I am unable to scrap.
Steved1961
Go back out of the "Movies" folder and back in. I'm assuming you're in library mode?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I have gone back out of the video section and have even restarted both XBMC and Windows it self with no change. The other thing is if I um unable to scrape a movie poster, I will be unable to get anything but the blue file icon on the main screen. But if I go into the Movie Info screen the right poster is there and if I go into the folder itself and click the movie file the right poster shows up in the right side panel. If a Movie Poster is showing on the main screen I seem to be unable to change it with a .jpg file.
Steved1961
So your actual problem is regarding folder art, not poster art for the movie, which is working perfectly.

Do you have "each movie is in a separate folder" enabled in set content?

Cheers,
Jonathan

The only thing that is ticked is "Use Folder Names for lookup". Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I appreciate the help.
Steved1961
Thanks - that's what I needed to know. I've taken a look through the code, and it appears r26223 removed the piece that checks whether the thumb should be applied to the folder or not. r31541 restores this.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Upgraded to newest build r31642 and it fixed the problem. Thank you.
Steved1961
upgraded to Dharma 10 and I am having the same problem as you... any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to change poster art.0