Seperate forum for Addons
Since the new nightlies are running with the new addons structure and seem to be getting more stable I'm trying to read up on all the changes and available plugins but as there is still a lot of work going on for the older plugin style it's a bit of a nightmare.

Would there be any possibility of getting a separate forum category, or subforum for Addons so the talk of the new apps can be separated out. Developers of apps could then either create new threads there or if preferred move the existing thread as the structure changes to the new addon system making it easier to track what plugins have been updated?
craigd Wrote:Since the new nightlies are running with the new addons structure and seem to be getting more stable I'm trying to read up on all the changes and available plugins but as there is still a lot of work going on for the older plugin style it's a bit of a nightmare.

Would there be any possibility of getting a separate forum category, or subforum for Addons so the talk of the new apps can be separated out. Developers of apps could then either create new threads there or if preferred move the existing thread as the structure changes to the new addon system making it easier to track what plugins have been updated?

Yes would be fine ...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76346
the idea is that everything will eventually be in some repo. that way you have the overview rite there from your couch. i don't see a reason for another forum.
I agree, when everything is all merged over I don't see the need for a seperate forum either but at the moment it is really hard to find things so that we can test them and provide feedback on them. Since we are testing the nightlies to report bugs wouldn't it make sense to make it easier to get scripts/plugins newly released as addons instead of having to hunt them down?
just have some patience. we're working on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate forum for Addons0