[all] - enhance smart playlists/shuffle for mixes/compilations in shuffle mode
hi all,

i'm not sure whether this feature is already possible or not with using smart playlists.
personally i tend to play music in shuffle mode very often. a lot of my buddies do that, too. so i guess i'm not alone in this case. i created some smart playlists that e.g. use the path of a certain genre (i sorted my music by genre folders on the filesystem) as a filter.
the problem comes up when playing smart playlists in shuffle mode or using shuffle in general where a certain genre contains a lot of mixes/compilations. let's take certain pink floyd albums, hip-hop mixtapes or electronic livesets for an example. basically it only makes sense to playback these from start to beginning. listening to a single track/picking it out from the audible context of such an album is rather unusal.
therefore it would be a nice to have an option in the smart playlists dialog to tell xbmc to play the entire album from start to beginning while being in shuffle mode. after the album has finished xbmc could go on with the next track album.
the question is how this could be done. is xbmc able to get the "is compilation" id3 tag? if yes i guess this could be used for the scenario above. condition is that one marks such albums as a compilation in the tags.

example:
0. create smart playlist in shuffle mode
1. start playback
2. xbmc mixes the drinks
3. xbmc plays track xyz
4. while playing track xyz xbmc detects the next track is part of a mix/compilation/etc.
4.1 the next upcoming track should be track 1 of the detected mix/compilation/etc.
5. xbmc plays the entire album previously detected
6. next track after the album has been finished is track abc
7. procedure starts again at point 3.

what do you think about this proposal?

best regards,
einhänder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[all] - enhance smart playlists/shuffle for mixes/compilations in shuffle mode0