tmdb year date get info from scrapper differ from imdb?
Hi, I use xbmc and before i used imdb but switched to themoviedb scrapper awhile back but havent really had the time to fix things up cause of work. Now (on my semester) im trying to sort things up and i like themoviedb its great but i have one small problem. First of all i gotta tell how i sort my movie folders: example, (....movies/The Karate Kid (1984)/blablarandomfilexvid.avi) Basicly it checks my folder for the name and it works great on most of my movies i have except where there is two movies with same name but different years. for example The Karate kid has one from 1984 and one now from 2010. Even though the year is clearly stated on the folder name it goes for the new one when searching and i gotta manually choose the next one to get right movie.

Im thinking:
1) TMDB has its own way of searching for year and ignores (1984) from folder name. (which differs from imdb scrapper)

2) I need a .nfo file to tell the scrapper the year date?

3) This hasnt really been added yet or will not be added?

Thanks in advance.
Right, tmdb only allows title searching. Best practice is to solve it by using a url nfo with the imdb id embedded. Maybe upcoming version of the themoviedb.org API will solve this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Alright thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tmdb year date get info from scrapper differ from imdb?0