• 3(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
And how to make any menu item as default one pre-selected on startup? ie, confluence default is "video", I want to change it.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Excellent work. Thanks for this mod, made things easy for me..
Really nice mod, use it on my laptop with Windows, but you make a guide how to implement this xbmc live
It works fine.

However i cant get the background to workfor the buttons i created i get blank backgroung (black) Sad
However for the other regular buttons background works as it always did

i have replaced all the files again. i must have messed up something.

anyway for those that dont know where to add those files (ubuntu karmic) navigate to:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence
took me sometime to find out

u propperly dont have the rights if u use FTP: in which case i did a full permission:
chmod -R 777 xbmc/
This is a great mod, thanks for doing this.

I had some issues installing it in XBMC Live (Dharma build, I believe), installed to the hard drive of an Acer Aspire Revo 1600, so I thought I'd leave some info on how I ended up getting it to work. Interestingly, despite opening up the permissions on many directories in XBMC Live via command line, I was still unable to FTP the mod files in--kept getting "permission denied" errors via FileZilla and WinSCP. I'm sure someone knows a cleaner / faster way to do this...but anyway, here's the method that worked for me:

1. From another computer, download the mod files from the first post in this thread. They come down as a file "Homemod.zip", extract the files to a "Homemod" folder.

2. Turn on the XBMC Live computer. FTP into the XBMC Live computer using FileZilla or WinSCP. This requires knowing the IP address of the computer, using the SFTP protocol (port 22) and the username and password established when XBMC Live was first installed.

3. FTP the entire extracted "Homemod" folder to the area that you *do* have access to by default:

/home/USERNAME

(Where "USERNAME" is replaced by the login name you created upon install.) You should see the "Homemod" folder appear on the XBMC Live box as

/home/USERNAME/Homemod

Close the FTP program.

(Again, I had to do it this way because this was the only area where I could successfully FTP files to, despite attempting all kinds of command line permission changes (like "sudo chmod 777 usr/share etc etc). I spent a LOT of time at the command line trying to allow full FTP permission to the /usr/share/ directory and all subdirectories; I'm sure I was doing something wrong, all I can tell you is the procedure outlined here was the only way that worked for me.)

4. From the XBMC Live computer, hit Alt + F3 on the keyboard. This bumps you from the XBMC interface to the command line. Log in, again using the credentials created when XBMC Live was first installed.

Then type the following command:

Code:
sudo cp /home/USERNAME/Homemod/720p /usr/share/xbmc/skin/Confluence -r

Be sure that when you type this in, you've replaced the USERNAME text with the username corresponding to the account you created upon install.

Then type the following command:

Code:
sudo cp /home/USERNAME/Homemod/scripts/script.favourites /usr/share/xbmc/skin/Confluence/scripts -r

Then type:

Code:
exit

In non-Linux-expert English: these two commands are saying "copy the contents of the 720p directory from my home directory into the Confluence skin directory of the same name" and the same thing for the "scripts" directory.

5. Reboot the XBMC Live computer. Voila! This excellent mod is in place, and the Confluence menu is customizable with favorites and scripts from Settings --> Skin --> Custom Home Options.

Just want to say thanks again for creating such an excellent modification; this allows me to have a lot more control over Confluence. This mod turned me from XBMC enthusiast to full-fledged fanboy.

Cheers,

himayv
nero12 Wrote:It works fine.
However i cant get the background to workfor the buttons i created i get blank backgroung (black) Sad
However for the other regular buttons background works as it always did
/

I'm seeing the same thing. No background. Did we miss something? are they supposed to be blank?
bodhi: do a manual overwrite in settings -> settings -> skin -> background -> choose your menu nd then click on single image and locate the image.

thats all

this way worked for me

I use dharma rc2
nero12 Wrote:bodhi: do a manual overwrite in settings -> settings -> skin -> background -> choose your menu nd then click on single image and locate the image.

thats all

this way worked for me

I use dharma rc2

nero, thanks for the tips!
Maybe this was asked, and I missed this. Is there a way to set what the default selected menu setting is? It defaults to Video, but I'd like to see TV Shows selected.
I cannot get this working in XBMC 10.0 PC Sad downloaded this file: http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/Homemod.zip which has 3 folders "720", "media", and "scripts"

some of the places i dropped to see if it works are:

+ C:/Programs Files/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence (all three folders)

+ C:/Programs Files/XBMC/skins/Confluence (all three, i think)

+ User/Application Data/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence (I think)

nothing, can someone tell me where each folder goes?
i just rolled back and did exactly what himayv did http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=657...stcount=35 and i dont get the menu option in skin settings. That is, in the C:/Program Files/XBMC Directory, and no luck
I just downloaded the mod and Sam3k posted a very good question. It is not clear where the modded files should go. If the user is using XBMC 10.0 “Dharma”, can someone clear up the confusion?

I am assuming that Sam3k is using Windows (I am using Windows also) and I am sure that there are Linux users who would be interested in this information too.

Thanks......

sam3k Wrote:I cannot get this working in XBMC 10.0 PC Sad downloaded this file: http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/Homemod.zip which has 3 folders "720", "media", and "scripts"

some of the places i dropped to see if it works are:

+ C:/Programs Files/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence (all three folders)

+ C:/Programs Files/XBMC/skins/Confluence (all three, i think)

+ User/Application Data/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence (I think)

nothing, can someone tell me where each folder goes?
C:/Programs Files/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence for windows

home/username/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence for Linux *I believe?

then just say 'yes' when it asks to overwrite...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Mcborzu,

Fantastic.....will have to put this into place after work today.

Thanks....

mcborzu Wrote:C:/Programs Files/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence for windows

home/username/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence for Linux *I believe?

then just say 'yes' when it asks to overwrite...
OK........I followed the directions in this thread and installed the mod. This is what if found out:

- Added an "Add on Short cut" to launch the Auto Update plugin........worked flawlessly

- Add a custom favorite to run a plug in to launch an external program.....worked flawlessly

- Added a custom favorite to take me directly to a video source (Home Movies)...it failed and gave me a black screen. I was not view anyvideo files via the library or any other way until I changed the skin to a non-Confluence based skin and then accessed my videos.

I am not sure what I need to supply to the forum for diagnostic purposes. Has anyone else ran across this??
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1