• 7(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
Got this working just fine in the most recent version of XBMC. I am wondering if there is a way to add more than 5 custom links. I have all 5 in use and would like to add a few more.

Any help would be great, for this amazing little mod.
So I want to split out my Documentaries from my normal TV shows.
The easy part was creating a Documentaries menu item using this mod, but now the question is how do I create a TV show with no documentaries item? Any ideas?
RandomGuy Wrote:So I want to split out my Documentaries from my normal TV shows.
The easy part was creating a Documentaries menu item using this mod, but now the question is how do I create a TV show with no documentaries item? Any ideas?

have two folders, one with tv one with docu's point each one to a the separate folder.
AJP69 Wrote:have two folders, one with tv one with docu's point each one to a the separate folder.

So I have done this, and if I just display it in file mode it works great. I can do the documentaries in Library mode by favouriting the documentaries genre, but I can't do that for the rest. Since I prefer library mode, is there any way around this?
RandomGuy Wrote:So I have done this, and if I just display it in file mode it works great. I can do the documentaries in Library mode by favouriting the documentaries genre, but I can't do that for the rest. Since I prefer library mode, is there any way around this?

Make one playlist only documentaries named documentaries
Make another all but documentaries named TV Shows
add both to home
disable the regular TV link from home

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Make one playlist only documentaries named documentaries
Make another all but documentaries named TV Shows
add both to home
disable the regular TV link from home

Is there any way to automatically add new things to playlists? This may work but seems very frustrating to use going forward, unless I am missing something...
AJP69 Wrote:Got this working just fine in the most recent version of XBMC. I am wondering if there is a way to add more than 5 custom links. I have all 5 in use and would like to add a few more.

Any help would be great, for this amazing little mod.

Any ideas?
RandomGuy Wrote:Is there any way to automatically add new things to playlists? This may work but seems very frustrating to use going forward, unless I am missing something...

If you have created a smart playlist, any new video that you add should be automatically picked up by your playlist if the criteria match. You need only make your playlist once.

Mark
mwkurt Wrote:If you have created a smart playlist, any new video that you add should be automatically picked up by your playlist if the criteria match. You need only make your playlist once.

Mark

THANKS! I hadn't used playlists before, and this seems to work perfect for me!
Brillant little jobbie this is . Ive added it to my original xbox and its works a treat . I have however run into a bit of trouble on the apple tv 2 . I can install it and the new custom home shows as it should . It even adds the title to the homepage but it cant find to favorites.xml to set up the shortcuts . Ive found the favorites.xml on the apple tv2 . Its in the following folder
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Im guessing that its looking elsewhere for the favorites.xml and drawing a blank as it isnt where you mod is pointing to . Is this one you could resolve for the appletv 2 people as it really is a great mod and i would luv to get it going .
williams_1980 Wrote:Brillant little jobbie this is . Ive added it to my original xbox and its works a treat . I have however run into a bit of trouble on the apple tv 2 . I can install it and the new custom home shows as it should . It even adds the title to the homepage but it cant find to favorites.xml to set up the shortcuts . Ive found the favorites.xml on the apple tv2 . Its in the following folder
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Im guessing that its looking elsewhere for the favorites.xml and drawing a blank as it isnt where you mod is pointing to . Is this one you could resolve for the appletv 2 people as it really is a great mod and i would luv to get it going .

update : worked it out by reading instructions on page 8 . All good now . cheer
Could you be so kind to tell me how can I make changes manually after installing and configuring the Mod? I wanted the change somethings on my own. Where are the new menus and the multi image background in the XML...

Thanks!
Couldn't make the menu with favourites work. I pasted the script.favourites in:

../.xbmc/addons/script.favourites;
../.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/script.favourites;
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/script.favourites;
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.favourites.

None of them worked. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and xbmc 10.0 r35648 and ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc 10.1.

Anyone that make that works in linux, help me please!
On win 7 it goes in the C:\Program Files\xbmc\addons\skin.confluence folder.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1