• 1(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
**ONLY DHARMA COMPATIBLE***

Seems like once a week there is a post or two on how to add items to the Home screen. Since I use Confluence as a base on some parts of my skin it was easy to port back. Heres a mod to do it thru the skin, no need to touch the .xml's...DOWNLOAD

It allows for 3 custom Favorites and 3 Custom Playlists plus the ability for custom backdrops. This was done with Confluence from SVN 31504 so I doubt you can use it with a pre-merge version but who knows?

Thanks to Ronnie/cf2009 for the favorites, and Waffa for the playlists!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
But when you click on "Animation" or "HD Movies" can it display them in the beautiful Library mode?
you betcha, as long as they're linked to library content

Hey I just checked out your skin. It is really cool I'm thinking about installing it. Can I download it and run it on my AppleTV XBMC SVN-28256?
Yes but use the regular download link not the git link...The regular download link is for pre-merge versions like SVN-28256.

cool, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your great work I can't wait. I'll have to make a donation in your honor.
Thanks for this MOD, but when add the "script.favourites" folder in to addons folder the Programms Button on the home not work now correctly ... why ?

XBMC_PC_31595 official rel. from xbmc.org
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
djtoll Wrote:Thanks for this MOD, but when add the "script.favourites" folder in to addons folder the Programms Button on the home not work now correctly ... why ?

XBMC_PC_31595 official rel. from xbmc.org

While checking that I noticed I had my onclicks for the playlists we're incorrect so thats fixed, and download link is now current with the changes. Though I didn't notice your error, I can enter Programs fine.

I'm on 31591

Cool Mod Big Grin

And thanks I used
Skin.SetFile(HomeMoviePlaylistButton1_path,.xsp)
And had to browse all the way...
Why I didn't think about it Rofl
Skin.SetFile(HomeMoviePlaylistButton1_path,.xsp,special://videoplaylists)
mcborzu Wrote:While checking that I noticed I had my onclicks for the playlists we're incorrect so thats fixed, and download link is now current with the changes. Though I didn't notice your error, I can enter Programs fine.

I'm on 31591

Ohh sorry, I´m a idiot
I had copy the "script.favourites" in a wrong folder, must be
XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\scripts\script.favourites\ ... and now it works fine.

and Thanks for the fix.
Skin.JOGGLER
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
tried merging this with this mod

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=541275&postcount=8

Got it looking ok, but cannot get any of the options showing (Hd Movies, Animation etc)

Really would like to add Trailers to it too
doesnt work since this new add-on system has been added \Sad
pandapop Wrote:doesnt work since this new add-on system has been added \Sad

Just reapplied it to 31671 still works fine, the only thing is everytime you update XBMC it will overwrite the mod. So you would have to either:

1. Reapply the mod
2. Or rename a copy a Confluence

Is there any way you could add more custom playlists...i use playlists to separate my videos into groupings and I hide the video and movie options....i have about 4 or 5 with more possibly coming.....if you can't release a new version, could you just post how to expand the lists beyond the three you give right now...

btw....GRRRRRRRRRREAT mod...i had a custom edited home.xml before the updates...when i updated i had to reapply everything as i lost all my mods...this SINGLE mod cut down on that time significantly...thank you!
Thanks again for this MOD !

but why not work playlists with xxxxxx.m3U only sample.xsp

- When I create a simple playlist with xbmc its become .m3u
- When I create a smart playlist with xbmc its become .xsp Rolleyes... why?
Skin.JOGGLER
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1