• 9(current)
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way
sparafucile17 Wrote:Someone please post their favourites.xml so that people like myslef can duplicate it on our PC if it is missing.

Sad

Have you added a favourite ?? As on my PC (Pre Eden) favourites.xml is created after you actually add a favourite.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Have you added a favourite ?? As on my PC (Pre Eden) favourites.xml is created after you actually add a favourite.

Hmmm... nope. Definitely did not do that. In all my reading, I never came across this topic. At the risk of sounding completely dumb... How do you add a favourite? I can't say that I ever saw this in any of the System menus in confluence.

Thanks,
Jeff
sparafucile17 Wrote:Hmmm... nope. Definitely did not do that. In all my reading, I never came across this topic. At the risk of sounding completely dumb... How do you add a favourite? I can't say that I ever saw this in any of the System menus in confluence.

Thanks,
Jeff

Easy - In your content Listing (Videos, Music, Photos etc) Move the selector to highlight the item you want as a favourite. Press C on the keyboard & from the popup menu Choose Add to Favouites.

Mudislander Wrote:Easy - In your content Listing (Videos, Music, Photos etc) Move the selector to highlight the item you want as a favourite. Press C on the keyboard & from the popup menu Choose Add to Favouites.

OMG... that was it! Once again I have been dupped by the secret keyboard commands in XBMC. Thanks for sticking with me and understanding why this mod was not working. Everything is working just great now.

Whew!
Hi having a bit of trouble getting this cool mod to work
i create favourites they show up as favourites in XBMC
But when i try to set favourite in custom home no favourites show up to select

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57115311@N07/5980495215/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57115311@N07/5981059988/
Above link shows favourites showing up in Xbmc

Can anyone Help

SETUP
Windows 7 64bit
4 gig ram
nvidia 1gig 9600gt
5 tera hdds
Dharma 10
Now Sorted after reading this
vinc525 Wrote:Hello !
I have been fighting with this one for hours and I found the solution.

In fact, I had an installation of HOMEMOD using a favourites script installation in my folders, and this previous install was used instead of the new script install 1.0.6.

The HOMEMOD was using this path to find the favourites and display them
C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\scripts\script.favourites
This path is easy to see when editing the file custom_DialogFavourites.xml of the HOMEMOD.
Just copy your script.favourites in the location, in my case I was ok with
C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\scripts

Check finally that in the C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\scripts\script.favourites\default.py, you are pointing to the correct favourites file, should be 'C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/favourites.xml' under Windows 7.
Why should be this file? Because the last script.favourites-1.0.6 is using this file.

Hope it helps others.
V.
sparafucile17 Wrote:OMG... that was it! Once again I have been dupped by the secret keyboard commands in XBMC. Thanks for sticking with me and understanding why this mod was not working. Everything is working just great now.

Whew!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

There you go

Sorted now

Cheers
can anyone make this work with eden ? would love it. thx for the great plugin

or can they confirm it works with eden? planning to move to eden when launched
nero12 Wrote:can anyone make this work with eden ? would love it. thx for the great plugin

or can they confirm it works with eden? planning to move to eden when launched

Different way of going about it, but yes you can get favourites onto your home screen on Eden

What do you mean by different way to go about it ?

Is this feature now part of eden as standard ?

or can you please provide a quick guide on how to port this to eden ?
The 'Eden' way of adding favourites to a submenu is nice, but the thing I loved about this mod was being able to substitute a Home menu item with a favourite directly.

I should add 'without having to directly edit the xml files'. Which is what I now do..but not everyone is keen to edit the menu xml files.
nero12 Wrote:Is this feature now part of eden as standard ?

Almost but not exactly. You can add a favourite as part of the skin settings. The favourites appear as a sub-menu when one of the home menu items have focus.
I'm not usually this dumb. I even have this plugin running correctly in my main PVR setup.

However, the install of XBMC I'm working on has the default stupidity of having half the files in C:/users/blah/xbmc/ ...

Anyways. My favourites are in there as far as I can tell.
My favourites show up in XBMC.

When I browse with the script to take the favourite and put it in the menu, nothing appears. This is clearly a path issue, but I cannot figure out what to change even after reading the couple of posts here that talked about it.

Can somebody help me out?

thanks
I updated to a new official version of Dharma yesterday, will this work on iOS with the new horizontal home menu when i reinstall it again? On the vertical one it used to work great on my ATV2 by changing:

'special://masterprofile//favourites.xml' to '/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/favourites.xml' in default.py

Thanks in advance!

edit: NOPE Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom Home Items the easy way1