Logitach Harmony lag?
LaughLaugh - is English your first language - I have not been hostile, all I have pointed out is that it is hardly a conclusion or inherent (existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element - sure it is) without first testing the theory. Time to re-read your original statement methinks.

Still if your happy with that then so be it - you asked for opinions and you got some - still no lag. Get back to your testing now - ooops forgot you don't do that before expressing a definitive opinion Rolleyes
I have a Harmony One and there is a delay across all devices, yes. I think how noticeable it is depends on what type of device you use it for and how observant of details you are.

That said, I haven't lowered my timings and repeats for most my devices - which may or may not help - as they don't need to be navigated that much or quickly anyway. I haven't had the remote for very long though, so maybe I'll do that if it becomes a bigger annoyance as time passes.
Acer Revo with XBMC Live and 2 xbox's with xbmc
2 harmony 880s and 1 harmony 620.. i can tell you for sure that tweaking the timing fixes the lag issues...
I have noticed a delay on Windows 7 + Dharma2 since upgrading from Dharma1 this evening. I will have a play with the lag on the Harmony one.

M
Nektarios Wrote:I have a Harmony 515 and it seriously lags.

I have Inter-key delay at 0, Inter-device at 0 and likewise for all other delays in the logitech harmony software for each device. Nevertheless it still has a noticeable lag of 0.5 seconds, compared directly to the original remote which has absolutely zero lag.

I can easily demonstrate this with a video but that would be time-consuming and that's why I won't do it.

I have concluded that this is an inherent problem in all harmonys and there is no way to make it respond faster. I would love to hear from other owners of harmonys if they find the same conclusions.

Also I would like to point out the fact that there is no way to manual assign hex values to buttons with manual delay settings so you can program them to respond as fast as possible. Does anyone knows if there is a way to do that?

I have a Harmony 785 and a microsoft mce remote reciever. I can't notice any lag at all on any of my devices including dharma beta 2 live. My harmony is easily one of the best gadgets I have ever bought!
I have a Logitech Harmony One remote, and it always lag, on every device about ~250ms-500ms. In other words, the remote is slow.

EDIT: And changing the delay ain't working for me.

One annoying example is when scrolling down a list. Press down button fast about 20 times, when I have stoped, the remote still sends commands for about 5sek. Also when holding down a button for a period is much slower then my original remotes. Imaging the time to scroll down a huge film/music list in XBMC, not fun.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:I have a Logitech Harmony One remote, and it always lag, on every device about ~250ms-500ms. In other words, the remote is slow.

One annoying example is when scrolling down a list. Press down button fast about 20 times, when I have stoped, the remote still sends commands for about 5sek. Also when holding down a button for a period is much slower then my original remotes. Imaging the time to scroll down a huge film/music list in XBMC, not fun.

There are 4 timing sequence options if my memory serves me correct.. you only need to modify 1 of them in the harmony suite to fix the lag...
I've unistalled XBMC by accident. So i reinstalled it and set the scraper to bring moive information back to me when i go to view the moives all the information is there apart from the movie details(eg, rating and how long the film is). more annoyingly, the movie title is not returned and i've got over 300 movies so putting the titles in manually is not an option...

HELP please!
StarChild Wrote:I have a Logitech Harmony One remote, and it always lag, on every device about ~250ms-500ms. In other words, the remote is slow.

Same problem here I've tweaked with the timings and its a bit better but still not as good as the original remote.
Numus Wrote:There are 4 timing sequence options if my memory serves me correct.. you only need to modify 1 of them in the harmony suite to fix the lag...

That was what logitech support said to. But it isn't getting faster.Sad
StarChild Wrote:That was what logitech support said to. But it isn't getting faster.Sad

You could have bought a cheap USB to IR dongle if that is what you are using... if that is the case you will have to buy another one... Only thing i can think of since i have timed all my harmonys to each of the devices they are used for and they work amazing...
evaghn Wrote:I've unistalled XBMC by accident. So i reinstalled it and set the scraper to bring moive information back to me when i go to view the moives all the information is there apart from the movie details(eg, rating and how long the film is). more annoyingly, the movie title is not returned and i've got over 300 movies so putting the titles in manually is not an option...

HELP please!

First step would be to not post this in a harmony discussion thread
Numus Wrote:You could have bought a cheap USB to IR dongle if that is what you are using... if that is the case you will have to buy another one... Only thing i can think of since i have timed all my harmonys to each of the devices they are used for and they work amazing...
What I'm saying is that my Harmony One remote is slow and has a delay of 250ms-500ms even if I'm change all delays to 0ms in settings. At all my devices, TV, MediaPC, Receiver, DVD-player... compared to my original remotes.
Just confirming that my Harmony 880 is also delayed somewhere between 250-500 ms. All 3 delay settings are set to 0 ms too.

I've just gotten used to it over the past 1-2 years, but it sure would be nice to get resolved!
just paused, play, menu and everything on my 880 that i use with my bedroom xbox... instant i hit the key the function is done.. see 0 delay
So just to confirm how these settings are configured... in the Harmony software I go to:

1. "Devices" tab
2. Click "Settings" button under HTPC (what I called the MS model 1039 remote receiver)
3. Click "Adjust the delays (speed settings)" radio button; click "Next" button
4. Set Inter-key delay, input delay, and inter-device delay to 0 ms; click "Next" button
5. Click "Next" button again
6. Click "Done" button

If that's correct, I'll try re-updating the remote after work and give it a shot...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitach Harmony lag?0