• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska
Thanks a lot, Hitcher. I know it's a lot of hard work but it's very much appreciated.
Is there a way to install this without using XBMC to do it? I'm on an unreliable connection here and it seems to sit at downloading for hours and never completes.

Edit: Well it seems to have completed for once but everything is green instead of red in Alaska with the default colour scheme. The files view seems to be reversed from what it was before. Banners are on the right instead of the left. The contrast between fonts and the fanart backgrounds makes things unreadable. Not sure whats going on.

Edit 2: Grabbed the zip on the svn for alaska and tried installing that from XBMC (r31746) and the same thing.
Best work yet
Good man! Cheers Hitcher.
Cool, thanks Hitcher, I'll be grabbing this to complement Revisited.

Are there any major changes - i.e. will view mods and colours work the same way as the pre-Dharma release?
Panasonic 50V10 , 360 Elite, Astro A40s, Senn HD595s, Acer Revo R3610 (XBMC Alaska), Denon 1800BD, Denon 2309, Monitor Audio Bronze, SKY+HD (1TB), Harmony One, QED HDMI, Silver Anniversary XT, Soundstyle ST310, Sony AR51SU, Panasonic LX3, HTC Desire.
Found out why my repo wasn't sending update messages - I wasn't using the md5 checksum which is how XBMC knows there's an update.

So if you've downloaded my repo zip before please re-download and install it again.

xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip

Thanks.
In addition to the weird colours I'm seeing a lot of banding on gradients (which doesn't show up well in these photos). These pictures aren't the best but the colour and contrast issues come through as bad as in person:

None of these problems were present using the r28xxx builds of XBMC with HitcherUK-Alaska-c756b26 from December.
What are you running it on and what res?
And use the built in screenshot function.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hitcher Wrote:What are you running it on and what res?

AppleTV 3.0.1 at 720p on a native 720p display.

jmarshall Wrote:And use the built in screenshot function.

Is that even possible with just the Apple remote?
Hitcher i have a different problem. The images arn't buffered in panel view. Meaning when i switch from one cover to another it "hangs" until it has loaded the background, it makes the whole view really sluggish.
Any idea's ?
Einkoro Wrote:In addition to the weird colours I'm seeing a lot of banding on gradients (which doesn't show up well in these photos). These pictures aren't the best but the colour and contrast issues come through as bad as in person:

None of these problems were present using the r28xxx builds of XBMC with HitcherUK-Alaska-c756b26 from December.

I can confirm this problem both on my AppleTV (ubuntu 8.04) and on my Macbook Pro (OSX). I'll update the required debug logs and a screenshot later today when i'm back home.
Is there any way to get the uncompressed media files, I want to reapply my mod for displaying blu-ray and dvd covers instead of the default overlay.
shadylog Wrote:Hitcher i have a different problem. The images arn't buffered in panel view. Meaning when i switch from one cover to another it "hangs" until it has loaded the background, it makes the whole view really sluggish.
Any idea's ?
Looks like I forgot to add background loading for fanart - fixed for next update.
shadylog Wrote:Hitcher i have a different problem. The images arn't buffered in panel view. Meaning when i switch from one cover to another it "hangs" until it has loaded the background, it makes the whole view really sluggish.
Any idea's ?

Einkoro Wrote:In addition to the weird colours I'm seeing a lot of banding on gradients (which doesn't show up well in these photos). These pictures aren't the best but the colour and contrast issues come through as bad as in person:

The only thing I can think of is you're having problems with compressed textures -

jmarshall Wrote:My guess is you suffer from a similar bug as discussed here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9269

Try setting <restrictcapsmask> to 4 in advancedsettings.xml.

Cheers,
Jonathan
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska0