• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska
Meglivorn Wrote:Thanks for the update, finally the original alaska is working with addons well. Smile

A little problem though:
Image Image Image
I use the Red Slate color setting, originally it had a nice rich red backdrop. Not it's this yellowish one, what is not just less nice visually, but also hard to see elements like text, icons, etc (tried more color settings, but has the same visibility problem with all the light themes. Could use the Night Theme, but I like the red one Sad )

Strange part is that I checked the color xml with the old one and they are the same @_@
That will happen to me sometimes when switching from one theme to the next but it is always fixed when I restart XBMC. Also, have you checked to make sure that both the "Theme" & "Colours" line in the settings say Red Slate?
Amra Wrote:That will happen to me sometimes when switching from one theme to the next but it is always fixed when I restart XBMC. Also, have you checked to make sure that both the "Theme" & "Colours" line in the settings say Red Slate?
The restart didn't helped. And there's no themes anymore (default 1/1) only the color options.
I deleted my old Alaska version, then newly downloaded with the Hitcher repo. plugin.
Hello Hitcher,

here is the missing german translation of APPS. Normally i would translate it to ANWENDUNGEN but i think it is better to name it ADD-ONS due to the new plugin system.

Here it is.
Code:
<string id="40029">Add-Ons</string>

Bye
Efty
The problem with calling it Add-Ons is the fact that it links to the 'old Program' section, which now houses scripts and plugins, not any of the others (Video, Music, etc) which is why I went with Apps.
Meglivorn Wrote:The restart didn't helped. And there's no themes anymore (default 1/1) only the color options.
I deleted my old Alaska version, then newly downloaded with the Hitcher repo. plugin.
Okay, I tested this on my downloaded version of Alaska and now see what you mean. I was able to fix it by adding the missing theme xpr files to the skin.alaska\media folder.

HERE is a zip with the 4 missing xpr files. Just extract them to the skin.alaska\media folder. That worked for me. Maybe Hitcher could add them back into his repository. Thanks in advance Hitcher.
Ahh, that's it.

THANK YOU Big Grin It's beautiful again *_*
It looks like there is a color space issue with some of the users. I know when on my TV if I select a non-matching color space certain colors are off. Maybe it's just some conversion problem?
I have one problem and one question with Alaska Dharma

Problem: I cant get the custom icons for the Homestyle2 to work. Pre-Dharma I just had to past them in the correct dir, but now the only thing I see is the "Please check the readme in homeicons folder"-icon.

As of now I guess the icons should be placed in "c:\users\niclas\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.alaska\backdrops" but nothing seems to work, nor the original Alaska Dharma ones (i.e. games.jpg) nor the old ones (i.e. tvshowsicon.png).

Question: Is it possible to hide "Favorites" and "Profiles" from the icons, and if so which file should I edit?
They go in the folder you found the readme.
Hitcher Wrote:They go in the folder you found the readme.

I took that answer as such a folder should exist in the Dharma-version too (which it didn’t as standard directly after installation). But after creating media/homeicons in skin.alaska it works.

Thanks!
Opps, sorry I forgot that gets added to the texture.xbt.

I'll move that folder to the skin folder for the next release.
nicke3k Wrote:I have one problem and one question with Alaska Dharma

Problem: I cant get the custom icons for the Homestyle2 to work. Pre-Dharma I just had to past them in the correct dir, but now the only thing I see is the "Please check the readme in homeicons folder"-icon.

As of now I guess the icons should be placed in "c:\users\niclas\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.alaska\backdrops" but nothing seems to work, nor the original Alaska Dharma ones (i.e. games.jpg) nor the old ones (i.e. tvshowsicon.png).

Question: Is it possible to hide "Favorites" and "Profiles" from the icons, and if so which file should I edit?

Managed to edit away "Fav" and "Profiles" from Home Style 2 too.

In skin.alaska\720p\Includes.xml delete the following and you should be good!

Code:
<item id="12">
    <description>Favourites</description>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[1036]</label>
    <icon>special://skin/backdrops/favourites.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavouritesImage)]</thumb>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(NoFavourites)</visible>
</item>
<item id="13">
    <description>Profiles</description>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[13200]</label>
    <icon>special://skin/backdrops/profiles.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomProfileImage)]</thumb>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Profiles)</onclick>
    <visible>System.IsLoggedOn</visible>
</item>
Looks like I forgot to add a 'Hide Favourites' (added for next update) but Profiles will only show up if you've created one in the first place.

Quote:System.IsLoggedOn Returns true if a user is currently logged on under a profile

hence the visible condition.
Added to the official repository. Thanks Hitcher!

TheUni
Anyone getting a corrupted and/or missing background image:

This was through the offical xbmc.org skins repo....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska0