List/Library issue + Custom home
I have installed the newest Rapier on XBMC 101. I like the look of the new version of Rapier, however I am having two problems:

1. It is not remembering which folders are to be viewed in Library Mode and List Mode. For example, I have three folders: Movies, TV Shows, and Videos. The first are obvious, the last (Videos) is a collection of home videos and other stuff. In the previous incarnation of Rapier my Movies and TV Shows were shown in Library Mode. The Videos folder I like to view in List Mode. I set each folder as I like, but when I transition from either Movies or TV Shows to my Videos, the Videos don't show because it becomes Library Mode. Usually whatever I was last viewing (TV or Movies) will show up. I would like to be able to click on the Video button and see my "videos" in List Mode and not Library. I would like to be able to click on either TV or Movies and view them in Library Mode. Despite configuring each as I wish, they revert to the same as whatever I last viewed.

2. I tried to overcome this deficiency by creating a custom home button to my home videos. When I choose the custom button and try to give it a path, it will only allow me to choose from my "favorites." I can't navigate to any folder I wish. So, I went to my home video folder and made it a favorite. I went back to the skin settings and to the custom home button page. I clicked on the path and the favorite screen popped, but no home video folder.

I really don't like how the video files are being lumped under one database or something. Why is it so hard to specify a folder of video files to NOT be in the library, yet still be able to use the library for movies and tv shows?!
This will be changed in the next beta. In the meantime you can open up the videos submenu in home and click on files for it to do what you wish.
Yes, that is a work-around and I will have to use it. I do hope that this bug is squashed relatively soon as it is easier for my 3 year old son to use the big menu buttons on the home screen. Smile

Oh yea, thank you.
scarfa Wrote:This will be changed in the next beta. In the meantime you can open up the videos submenu in home and click on files for it to do what you wish.

Any news on a fix or is this a feature only destined for nightly Builds? I've just installed Beta 2 on a machine with 10.1 Dharma and also have an empty favourites window for custom home items
Stranger Wrote:Any news on a fix or is this a feature only destined for nightly Builds? I've just installed Beta 2 on a machine with 10.1 Dharma and also have an empty favourites window for custom home items

If your favourites window is empty when setting custom menus then make sure you have script.favourites

The skin requires it.
scarfa Wrote:If your favourites window is empty when setting custom menus then make sure you have script.favourites

The skin requires it.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List/Library issue + Custom home0