Deluge and XBMC python version conflict
Deluge requires a minimum python 2.5 version. I know that 9.11 has python 2.4 interpreter. Does anyone know if the nightly build has a higher python version (may be 2.6?). How do I find out which version of python interpreter is being used by XBMC?

Thank you
pramodbutte Wrote:Deluge requires a minimum python 2.5 version. I know that 9.11 has python 2.4 interpreter. Does anyone know if the nightly build has a higher python version (may be 2.6?). How do I find out which version of python interpreter is being used by XBMC?

Thank you

Have a look inside the log .... You see the python version
This depends witch configure option was selected ...
only typing ./configure
will using the xbmc internal python 2.4 librarys
But most of the developers do use 2.4 so I would not use 2.6 ...
I compile it myself and configure --enable-external-python so it uses the python 2.6 on my Ubuntu system. Otherwise no, it's still python 2.4.
That would make this addon incompatible with xbmc distributed copy! I was hoping to release it with the new addon system.

Is there a way to make the addon use external python libraries just for the client class? any help/pointer is appreciated
We'll be looking to switch to 2.6 after Dharma. Until then, only 2.4 is supported.

Whatever is required in 2.5 may just be some python lib that works fine under 2.4 (eg pysqlite2 is now included in 2.6 but isn't in 2.4)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well thats a bummer.

Deluge uses 'twisted' and requires minimum python 2.5. I will try to find out if there are any libraries which can be made to work under python 2.4. Thank you for your response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deluge and XBMC python version conflict0