how to turn off auto addon update
Hi, is there an option to make it not update the addons automatically? it interferes with whatever I am watching (slows it down makes it jump then a popup tells me its updated something)

Quite annoying, or if there is no option, this is more of a feature request.

This is perhaps not a bug as such, hence no debugging data.
The plan is to disable the update notification when a video is playing.

JR
You can disable auto update in the menu of the Add-On Manager. At least my confluence shows an on/off switch there.
ccMatrix Wrote:You can disable auto update in the menu of the Add-On Manager. At least my confluence shows an on/off switch there.

Where is this mythical add-on manager? It's not under addons for me! Eek

cheers
Press left/right or up/down when in Add-Ons settings.
Hitcher Wrote:Press left/right or up/down when in Add-Ons settings.

D'OH! Blush

Thanks!
ccMatrix Wrote:You can disable auto update in the menu of the Add-On Manager. At least my confluence shows an on/off switch there.

That did the trick, thanks :-)
i couldn't find any info in a search - i see where to turn off auto-update...but is there a way to avoid seeing the "update available" messages altogether? i didn't see one.
kmfdm515 Wrote:i couldn't find any info in a search - i see where to turn off auto-update...but is there a way to avoid seeing the "update available" messages altogether? i didn't see one.

Go to Settings, Add-ons, and press the left arrow. In the menu that slides out from the left you can disable notifications. Press left again to close the menu.

This is with Confluence in Dharma RC2. Other skins may differ.

JR
For some reason, auto-updates on my skin (alaska revisited) actually deletes it and doesn't install it back.
It might be an issue with hitcher's repository, but I'd still be interested in a way to auto update all addons *except* the skin. The issue is that I'm modding it a bit, and I have to reapply those mods with every update.

Or is there a way to have a skin that's not tied to the repository anymore? I guess this way it wouldn't auto update.

For now I've turned off the auto update. I like to know what's going on in updates before hands.
Thanks a lot for that. Couldn't find it for love nor money!
Hello,
do you know, where are stored settings for updating/not updating addons? I cant find it in filesystem or database Sad

Edit: Addons.db, blacklist table Smile
Hello @JimmySmith2

If I understand your question correctly, there are two ways to disable auto-update, but it is not recommended and you will soon find yourself with a buggy Kodi...

1. You can disable all updates for add-ons in the settings page here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Add-ons

2. You can disable auto-update for individual add-ons by opening the Configure page of the add-on and disabling "auto-update" as shown in the image...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to turn off auto addon update0