• 1(current)
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?
Question 
Hey guys,

got a question about the current state of the shoutcast addon.
Basically it seems to be working fine. Only thing I am missing is some more "sort" options when having a shoutcast genre selected.
I can only sort by "bitrate" and "name". Before you used to be able to sort by "rating" as well ....
Is this still a bug? Or a feature that isn't implemented in the new addon yet?

boba
its the feature that hasnt been implemented yet, I will look into it.

Thanks for the report
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:its the feature that hasnt been implemented yet, I will look into it.

Thanks for the report
Zeljko

Hey zeljko,

great! :-) Didn't know though that the new addons are kinda rewritten "from scratch"? I did conclude, that existing features of the "old" shoutcast would be simply there ... ;-)

boba
The plugins that have worked on previous stable releases need updating to work with the new addon schema, this plugin was rewritten from the scratch cos the shoutcast was moved from the xbmc code to plugin.

Zeljko
Thanks Amet. How do I download XBMC from the SVN....I dont know how to do it, theres no info for that on theses forums....like a big secret?
A simple google search for "xbmc linux compile from source" gives you what?
Not really that much of a secret, eh?

boba
Hey Amet,

the shoutcast plugin seems to be totally broken right now. Current version installed is 1.0.3 and it says "Failed to run script" or something when trying to access the plugin :-(

boba
Broken due to the changes to shoutcast API, fixed in 1.0.4.

Thx for letting me know
Amet Wrote:Broken due to the changes to shoutcast API, fixed in 1.0.4.

Thx for letting me know

Thx Amet for the info. Are you still working on 1.0.4, cause I still have only 1.0.3 available via the addons manager.

boba
boba23 Wrote:Thx Amet for the info. Are you still working on 1.0.4, cause I still have only 1.0.3 available via the addons manager.

boba

hmm, I have 1.0.4. check http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma-pr...shoutcast/
U can force a update check in the xbmc addon settings page Tongue

BTW ty for this great addon Big Grin
I have question if it is possible to sort Shoutcast radio stations on the criteria of popularity. So that the stations with the highest number of listeners comes on the top when selecting individual genre? This is possible in standard XBMC 9.11 build, but I can not find this sorting criteria in SVN recent nightly builds where shoutcast add-on is used. Radio stations are sorted only in alphabetical order. To mention I use Shoutcast 1.0.4 add-on. Do I miss some hidden option?

best, d.
just to let you know just installed the 1.05 plug-in and still no joy loads the station directory but channels still show script error.

john

win7 dsplayer release 31520
delfincek Wrote:I have question if it is possible to sort Shoutcast radio stations on the criteria of popularity. So that the stations with the highest number of listeners comes on the top when selecting individual genre? This is possible in standard XBMC 9.11 build, but I can not find this sorting criteria in SVN recent nightly builds where shoutcast add-on is used. Radio stations are sorted only in alphabetical order. To mention I use Shoutcast 1.0.4 add-on. Do I miss some hidden option?

best, d.

I also tried and sorting by popularity is not available in the latest Shoutcast add-on. I downloaded an Shoutcast 1.0.6 add-on just before and only sorting by name and bitrate is possible. A question to the author. Will it be possible to also integrate sorting by popularity of the Shoutcast internet radio stations, so that the stations with the highest number of listeners comes to the top?

thanks, S
When I go to shoutcast as a source under the music tab, I do not see a search option to search for stations, rather just lists all categories..

My source. xml file as this as the shoutcast source:

shoutcast://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml/?

I can also go to shoutcast thru navi-X in the video tab. Here shoutcast has a search option. Is there a way I can add shoutcast to the music tab such that I can search for stations?

9.11 build, Ubuntu 10.x, 64 bit
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?0