• 3(current)
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?
Alright, got it done ... clean install, compiled r34620 from dharma-branch svn. Ubuntu 10.10 64bit, Nvidia 260.19.06. Debugging enabled.
Only put my Lircmap.xml in place, ran xbmc, installed shoutcast, played a alternative station, stopped it and xbmc hangs.
Here's the log:

http://pastebin.org/117325

Damned, log seems too long for pastebin, here is the other part till the end, guess more relevant regarding the issue:

http://pastebin.org/117380

boba
Amet, did you find the time yet to look at your addon regarding current dharma beta3 or dharma branch? It's stilll taking ages to open a shoutcast stream. Don't know what the devs mean in the news that shoutcast has been fixed. Not for me at last. It's still kinda broken ...
Would be great to have a working shoutcast addon ... :-)

boba
here is http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10419#comment:4 the same problems with shoutcast streams
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Goga777 Wrote:here is http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10419#comment:4 the same problems with shoutcast streams

Could not post this in the trac.xbmc.org site (don't have an account there). However, changing the line that follows "def PLAY(..." from http://... to shout://... appears to work for me. The streams start playing faster.

Incidentally, I have also modified the program to add the search function of Shoutcast. I can now search streams based on any keyword, not just the genre. The coding is simple, instead of url = "%s?genre=%s" , you need url = "%s?search=%s" (I mean copy the def. of RESOLVE(id) and call it RESOLVE(search), for example, with only that change in the first line. Then need to change the parsing of the parameters further below in the coding.

Cheers,
Hiya,
I have a question in relation if you are still considering to add a useful feature of sorting on criteria of rating of the Shoutcast radio stations (number of listeners). This is very useful function that is missed in Shoutcast Add-on 1.0.6. This sorting criteria was part of Shoutcast in Xbmc 9.11. Since Shoutcast become an add-on this feature of sorting is missed.
This criteria of sorting is useful for users in a way that most listened stations are coming on the top. This is also the main criteria for sorting that is used on Shoutcast webpage.

I hope that next version of shoutcast will bring this sorting feature back. Thanks and all the best to hardworking developers, D.
How can I activate search modus? I have some radio station, but i don´t find it searching the generes...
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
Because of this, i switched back to Beta2. It takes a long time in Beta3 to open a station. When is playes, it has a lot of hick-ups. so much it isn't listenable anymore.

I had configured everything in Beta3 the same as in Beta2. In Beta2 I don't have the Hick-up problem.

What i've noticed though, in Beta2 i can leave the audio output on "Default" while in Beta3 I have to pinpoint it to the correct audio device to hear stereo sound.

Running on a Zotac ZBox, Dharma Llive
Hey,

with latest svn and the code change from http:// to shout:// to open streams, the plugin runs kinda ok. Opening speeds are still not as fast as they used to be before Dharma, but it's ok. I noticed those hickups too, but for they seem to occure only right after a stream starts playing. Generally the stream runs fine then for me.
Would be great if the author could provide full dharma-compatibility, since for me, shoutcast is one of the ESSENTIAL features that a media center needs ....

boba
@Necochino
If I'm not wrong, same account for forum can be used for trac.xbmc.org also, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just one thing to say, that slowness in not such a problem, I have worse one, XBMC crashes when I try to play streams. It crashes random, so generally it doesn't matter what stream is played.
If you buy accident press stream twice, it will crash 100%.

Anyway, cptspiff is aware of the problem and he said it is on the to do list, so let's hope it will be soon Smile

CHeers...
Thanks Djape. Still not sure how to use this. My Shoutcast python was updated to the latest version and I lost the ability to Search, so I rewrote that part and is working fine again. I will search to send my modified script to the author for consideration. I do like the ability to Search for a specific string (the Shoutcast directory is not too reliable to find things). Also, I sort the results by bitrate, then name (my preferred choice), but have no clue how to add an option to choose sortings.

Djape Wrote:@Necochino
If I'm not wrong, same account for forum can be used for trac.xbmc.org also, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just one thing to say, that slowness in not such a problem, I have worse one, XBMC crashes when I try to play streams. It crashes random, so generally it doesn't matter what stream is played.
If you buy accident press stream twice, it will crash 100%.

Anyway, cptspiff is aware of the problem and he said it is on the to do list, so let's hope it will be soon Smile

CHeers...
Just updated to 1.0.7 version of Shoutcast. It seems working but sorting by popularity is once again left out and forgotten. Only sorting by bitrate and name is posssible. Is this sorting feature not possible to be integrated inside of the Shoutcast add-on?
sinkalonk Wrote:Just updated to 1.0.7 version of Shoutcast. It seems working but sorting by popularity is once again left out and forgotten. Only sorting by bitrate and name is posssible. Is this sorting feature not possible to be integrated inside of the Shoutcast add-on?

it was not left out or forgotten, it needs some modification in xbmc code and that is not possible until Dharma is out the door.
do you mean that shoutcast problem will fix after Dharma release, not before ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Goga777 Wrote:do you mean that shoutcast problem will fix after Dharma release, not before ?

which part of my msg didnt you understand?

sinkalonk made a remark that "popularity is once again left out and forgotten" my reply is aimed at that, hence the quote of his post.
it's clean for me now - you discussed about popularity
thanks

I hope that shoutcast playback problems (we discussed about it on previous page) will fix before Dharma release
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?0