VIA Artigo a1100 good HTPC for Windows XBMC
My friend bought VIA Artigo a1100 as his HTPC last month,I have tested it for two weeks! So I will write something about this mini HTPC.

VIA Artigo a1100 :VIA Nano 1.2G/VX855 Chrome9 HCM/1G RAM/500G HDD smallest size :146mmx52mmx99mm

For Windows platform ,XBMC works fine on a1100,VX855 can use hardware
acceleration with external player.

For Linux platform,XBMC works poor,because of poor VIA driverNo
razerkrait Wrote:For Windows platform ,XBMC works fine on a1100,VX855 can use hardware
acceleration with external player.

and what do you mean by "works fine"? does it play 1080p content? which bitrates?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
no matter what for the power, or lack there of, this system seems over priced. once you add a ssd and ram you will spend around $450
VIA GPUs are about the worst thing in the universe. I wouldn't bet the thing plays back a 10GB mkv without stuttering, let alone a 40gb Blu Ray rip like an ION can.
Seems a bit of a mixed bag on the net some say it works and others dont, limited to windows none the less. Sounds like it works at least with XBMC through DXVA.

VIA really should open source their drives they would be the ones to benefit the most from it as they arent all that great at driver development in the first place.
I think a few here know what I'm going to say - it's not fanless! (broken record I am, I know!) Smile It would be the main reason for picking such a lowly spece'd CPU, and I could nearly see a reason for using it - but not being solid state - just seems a bit too expensive/pokey for any real HTPC use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIA Artigo a1100 good HTPC for Windows XBMC0