"Sets" Doesn't Work in ""Titles" View
In trying to raise the Wife Acceptance Factor of my recent HTPC investment, I've ripped my wife's exercise and dance instructional videos to my system. I have read the tutorials on using Sets, and I'm probably halfway there.

I have exported the xml files from my entire library and inserted the <set> and <sorttitle> fields appropriately (I think).

I removed all media from my library and re-scanned.

When I look at the Library view, it gets a little confusing. If I ask to see "Sets", as opposed to "Titles",""Year", etc, the correct files show up. This tells me that I have the xml more or less correct.

The problem shows up when I look under "Titles"

When I look there, my "Exercise" group for example, shows up in the list, but has eight of my other movies and no exercise videos in it.

In "Sets" view,my "Latin Dance" group has 11 entries, all correct. Under "Titles" I see a "Latin Dance" folder, but when opened, I only see "..", no videos at all.

Ideally, I'd like to use CoverFlow and have the sets appear correctly.

I have a large collection of concert videos that I'd like to organize with sets too if I can get this working.

Any ideas?

p.s. I'm an absolute XBMC newbie. Please feel free to point out anything obvious I may be missing. Also, I am running XBMC for Windows on a Revo 3610 with my media on a Seagate external 500GB drive. I've looked and can't find my version of XBMC, otherwise, I would include that info. I believe that I have the most recent version, it does support VDPAU.

Thanks in advance, PC

debug log is here:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Sets" Doesn't Work in ""Titles" View0