Another One
First let me just say thanks to mcborzu for a great skin and eckstheory for providing the inspiration for my little mod. I made a sort of clone of the original Diamond theme in Media Browser.

I know this style is not strictly the same as the other views in Night but let me know what you think anyway. Night has been and will be for the foreseeable future, my skin of choice and my favorite sandbox. This is my first attempt so be gentle. Add the following download to your skin.night folder.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zq8f0q2e78...termod.zip

Movie Poster with info

Movie Poster view after selecting "Hide Info" and "Dark View"

Updated 8/20/2010 Fixed scroll bar
I do like it, one thing I always think is hard to come up with is a good idea for Poster covers. I really like those poster covers! The covers seem a little too tall vertically though, unless that was taken on a 16:10 moniter, those screen ratios always stretch things vertically...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I cannot take credit for those covers. I just tried to get as close to that Diamond theme as possible because I liked that look.

Yes to the 16:10 monitor but I don't think that I changed your original fixed list height. I do remember tweaking the Focus height and width though. I'll take another look. This is trial and error for me but I'm starting to get addicted.
ohh good one. never seen diamond so no clue how close it is. i would love to see that with maybe runtime, year and imdb rating as numbers under the title. maybe smaller covers for more fanartview and covers a bit closer maybe. what u reckon?
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
The runtime should be ok to do. Do you have an example of a skin or view that does the imdb rating the way you like?
Would be nice to see this view in Music section too ...
hmm xbmc just take the imdb rating from imdb. think it still does? aeon had options for displaying them as star or numbers.
LOVE IT just the way it is nice fanart view big poster and not filled with loads of useless data Really who cares what the IMDB rating is....
any chance of a tester any time soon ?
I should be able to post it in the next couple of days. I am tidying up some of the code as I made a mess when I started changing things.
Ram2000 Wrote:LOVE IT just the way it is nice fanart view big poster and not filled with loads of useless data Really who cares what the IMDB rating is....
any chance of a tester any time soon ?

i do care. nice to know if the movie scored solid +7 or is down in the 1 region.
I just added the Download link for the MOD in the first post.

@zwat...for now the imdb ratings are still on the movie info screen. mcborzu added a remove info button so I may include that in the views that I am playing with.
tested this on my netbook and it looks good. what do you think of moving the title a bit higher so both the title and the white line is on top of the black bar. then maybe make the black background oval so it cover the playtime. gonna try ur mod on newest xbmc and skin version and 1080p resolution to see how it looks like.
omg just had a great idea. i luv fanart and flags. the way u display the title is the best i've seen. how about just having 3 posters. center is the movie you have in focus and left is half of the poster of movie before and right is half of the poster of next movie. there is like no point in showing more the these three movies since it's not a clickable selection. what u reckon?
zwat Wrote:tested this on my netbook and it looks good. what do you think of moving the title a bit higher so both the title and the white line is on top of the black bar. then maybe make the black background oval so it cover the playtime. gonna try ur mod on newest xbmc and skin version and 1080p resolution to see how it looks like.

I placed the title for the Movie poster where it is because it is also part of the movie poster view for TV Shows. I included the space for the logo in place of the title. I have been thinking of another view for TV Shows but I have not come up with an alternative yet.

zwat Wrote:omg just had a great idea. i luv fanart and flags. the way u display the title is the best i've seen. how about just having 3 posters. center is the movie you have in focus and left is half of the poster of movie before and right is half of the poster of next movie. there is like no point in showing more the these three movies since it's not a clickable selection. what u reckon?

I just played around with it and it didn't look good to me and I think that people using a poster/fanart view want to see several movies ahead. If I can fade with a gradient the outer two movies on either side that might look interesting. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another One0