[HOW TO] Create a smart playlist and add it to Home
Ranger Rob Wrote:Unfortunately, I still can't get this to work on my system.

On both my existing build, and the brand new HTPC build I just made with Dharma Beta 4, nothing happens when I click 'New Smart Playlist.'
Unfortunately the same happens to me.
I can not enter to playlist.
McBorzu or someone else...When creating a video smartplaylist, there is the choice of "Episodes or "TV Shows" for types. I was hoping that I could find out what exactly the selection of "TV Shows" does? I have tried using "TV Shows" as type and when the playlist is selected, nothing comes up. Would it be possible to give me a little example of how to use the type "TV Shows" and an explanation of what it does.

Thanks you,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:McBorzu or someone else...When creating a video smartplaylist, there is the choice of "Episodes or "TV Shows" for types. I was hoping that I could find out what exactly the selection of "TV Shows" does? I have tried using "TV Shows" as type and when the playlist is selected, nothing comes up. Would it be possible to give me a little example of how to use the type "TV Shows" and an explanation of what it does.

Thanks you,
Mark

Only reason I can think of using "TV Shows" is to create a playlist that are all cartoon. Something like that...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Unfortunately the same happens to me.

Thank god I am not alone. I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Quote:Unfortunately the same happens to me.

Same here Sad. There is a trac ticket about it, it is already 4 weeks old...but no reaction.
Spaggi Wrote:Same here Sad. There is a trac ticket about it, it is already 4 weeks old...but no reaction.

From what I take it from the recent posts is that there are issues with the playlist feature in the Night skin.

Either people cannot get to the playlist, or it's not filtering properly for those that can create a playlist.

If it's not an issue and we are all just morons, then why hasn't anyone posted a resolution to our issues. Does the creator of the Night skin monitor this post? should we be posting elswhere? Are we all doing it wrong?
Th3R00st3r Wrote:From what I take it from the recent posts is that there are issues with the playlist feature in the Night skin.

Either people cannot get to the playlist, or it's not filtering properly for those that can create a playlist.

If it's not an issue and we are all just morons, then why hasn't anyone posted a resolution to our issues. Does the creator of the Night skin monitor this post? should we be posting elswhere? Are we all doing it wrong?

smart playlist works fine for me running beta4 and most current GIT pull of Night and it was only 5 days ago mcborzu "creator of Night.skin" posted in here.

i've yet to see anyone post a debug log of trying to create the smart playlist or having it filter incorrectly.

-=Jason=-
Th3R00st3r Wrote:From what I take it from the recent posts is that there are issues with the playlist feature in the Night skin.

I have no clue I see this type of post pop up every 2-3 days, usually in the general help section, seems like half the people they work fine and another half have trouble. Also it seems not to be skin related as regardless of skin the issue is there.

I haven't seen a solution or a cause of the problem, but then again I mostly follow skinning forums and only causally browse the other sections...

All I know is W7 beta 4 entering/creating playlists work just fine for me...

mcborzu Wrote:I have no clue I see this type of post pop up every 2-3 days, usually in the general help section, seems like half the people they work fine and another half have trouble. Also it seems not to be skin related as regardless of skin the issue is there.

I haven't seen a solution or a cause of the problem, but then again I mostly follow skinning forums and only causally browse the other sections...

All I know is W7 beta 4 entering/creating playlists work just fine for me...

OK thanks for the update. I didn't mean to come across as rude.

So this has nothing to do with the skin?
Quote:Same here . There is a trac ticket about it, it is already 4 weeks old...but no reaction.

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 9.11 on a revo with the latest update of your skin.
I will try to get a debug log so we can see where the issue lies. I can create the playlist, but it's not filtering properly. Movies Resolution < 540 for an SD only playlist. - Thanks!

Flomaster Wrote:smart playlist works fine for me running beta4 and most current GIT pull of Night and it was only 5 days ago mcborzu "creator of Night.skin" posted in here.

i've yet to see anyone post a debug log of trying to create the smart playlist or having it filter incorrectly.
-=Jason=-

Thanks for the info.

mcborzu's last post just addressed a "TV Shows" question, but not the multiple other ones where people were having issues, so we were kind of left wondering.
@Th3R00st3r

Actually your problem seem different, most of the posts I read on playlist trouble are poeple can't enter "New Smart Playlist"...

Side note do you want 540 videos included? If yes you should choose <550 otherwise it's 539 and below...

mcborzu Wrote:@Th3R00st3r

Actually your problem seem different, most of the posts I read on playlist trouble are poeple can't enter "New Smart Playlist"...

Side note do you want 540 videos included? If yes you should choose <550 otherwise it's 539 and below...

Got ya: It's not <= just <. I was using it as lteq (less than equal to) I will keep that in mind.

I set it to be < 720 the first time, but it still had 720 and 1080 in my playlist.
I will try again later when I get home.

Side Note: In the video you made on how playlists work, you had put Less Than 720, but labeled the playlist HD Movies and it included 720 movies.. I thought that was odd. Wink

*EDIT* No you didn't. I went back and rewatched it.. you put greater than.. haha.
The inability to enter "New Smart Playlist..." is definitely not a skin issue.

It happens in all skins.
OK, I now have SD Movies and HD Movies. Now I want to:

1. Add a sub playlist for recently a added movies, but I do not see in the playlist criteria an option for file date (or date added) so I can create the filter to show the last 2 days of files added (or better yet, the last 10 files added by date in descending sort order).

2. Is there a way to order the Main menu by alpha, The order is out of whack!

Thanks
Ranger Rob Wrote:The inability to enter "New Smart Playlist..." is definitely not a skin issue.

It happens in all skins.

It is strange why it works for some, I wonder if it's OS specific?
OK, I now have SD Movies and HD Movies. Now I want to:

1. Add a sub playlist for recently a added movies, but I do not see in the playlist criteria an option for file date (or date added) so I can create the filter to show the last 2 days of files added (or better yet, the last 10 files added by date in descending sort order).

2. Is there a way to order the Main menu by alpha, The order is out of whack!

Thanks

Th3R00st3r

Please see this thread. I don't think that your idea of the playlist for date added movies will work, as it doesn't work for anyone else and it appears that it is not important enough an issue to be worked on. If you do get it to work, can you share how you did it?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85127

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Create a smart playlist and add it to Home1