Do the new nightlies not allow scripts?
There are still Programs and Video Add-ins, but no Scripts anymore? Is that true and is there a reason/workaround, or is it just my own problem? (There doesn't seem to be a way to get the SVN Installer other than through the now-missing Scripts choice.) Thanks.
Read xbmc.org. Search for "addons" in the forums.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks.

This seemed to be the most helpful:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/04/27/state-of-the-addons/

And yet it says: "Obviously plugins, scripts, and skins will work the same way." But there is no Scripts folder...

My takeaway is that I basically have to wait for the next version to be stable. Any guesses as to how far away that is?

Thanks. PS reason I am not using Camelot is intermittent white video problem only goes away with nightlies.
Try searching the forums. Lots of threads on addons.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Scripts have become addons, so you put the script folder in userdata\addons or XBMC\addons. In addition to the default.py you need to include an addon.xml to describe the addon. I can't remember where in the Wiki I found all this, but it was straightforward to do. If it helps, here's a sample addon.xml copied and pasted from my system:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="script.myscript"
  version="1.0"
  name="MyScript"
  provider-name="jhsrennie">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.python.script"
    library="default.py"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Test script to run Notepad by jhsrennie</summary>
    <description>This is a test script intended to show how run an application from XBMC. The script runs Notepad but can be easily modified to run any app.</description>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

JR
Very helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do the new nightlies not allow scripts?0