ESXi and XBMC, possible?
Hey guys, new here and new to XBMC :-)

I got a problem when I'm installing XBMC live 10.0 on my ESXi server. When I start the live-CD the screen turns black and nothing happens (waited about 15 min) I also tryed installing it which works, but after the installation is finish when i restart the machine the screen gets black and nothing happens.

I guess it have something with the graphic card to do? Or is it something else?

Can you guys please help me in the right direction? Would be awesome if I got it working :-D
Thanks in advance

Greetings from Sweden
Niklas
Can you ping the machine?
Why are you running it ESXi, XBMC likes raw graphics card access.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Dharma live has been tricky in vmware, but the stable version works fine in at least the latest vmware player.
In earlier versions I sometimes had to delete the guisettings.xml to get the display to work,

Depending on what you are trying to do it could be better to skip the live installation and install it manually.
Thaanks for the replies guys! :-)

darkscout: I haven't try too ping it yet. Will do it tomorrow, guess we want an reply from XBMC? :-) To you're other thought: I'm going to have raw access to my graphic card using "VMDirectPath" which makes my virtual machine too 'take over' the graphic card. I just need XBMC too have some kind of driver that works with ATI HD 5450, and a generic VGA driver for the "vmadapter" graphic card. Also I'm going too need too change my primary monitor in XBMC, how do I do that or do you know where I can find out? :-)

vikjon0: It's a bit different between VM Player and ESXi. Esxi uses it's own drivers to communicate with the hardware (except if I'm using VMDirectPath) and VMPlayer uses the hosts driver (The computer which VMPlayer is running on). It's worth a shot too delete the file you recommended, where can I find it? Where do I find the "guisettings.xml" file? Also, do you have any answers for the questions above? :-)

I really want to use the live version, don't want a "real" OS Not like Win7 or a Linux with XBMC installed on. Of course the live version is build on linux, but i guess everything like gnome and that shit is gone? :-D Hehe =)

I would appreciate if I could borrow some more of your time and hopefully solve my problems. Anyways, you're awesome guys! Thanks
//Niklas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESXi and XBMC, possible?0