• 22(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
Now that I'm up and running, thanks to Flomaster, I'd like to work out some kinks.

I might be having some network issues. My machine is a Revo 1600 running 10.08 Live.

1. Cannot connect to XBMC.org for Add ons.

2. When bringing up Weather, it has to be refreshed multiple times to appear.

3. When connecting to XBMC via FTP (Transmit on a Mac 10.6.2) there is a delay and it say waiting for connection.

4. Copy speeds across Gigabit network. A couple of video files were pokey (24 MBs) but then things accelerated to 80 MBs

5. My XBMC Live machine shows up as a shared device randomly on my Mac. No rhyme or reason that I can see.
hmm, I did an aptitude safe-upgrade yesterday and this morning, I get a message saying "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering."

I had the nvidia 256 drivers released not too long ago and everything was working fine Sad
ClayM Wrote:hmm, I did an aptitude safe-upgrade yesterday and this morning, I get a message saying "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering."

I had the nvidia 256 drivers released not too long ago and everything was working fine Sad

Reinstall the drivers.
ClayM Wrote:hmm, I did an aptitude safe-upgrade yesterday and this morning, I get a message saying "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering."

I followed this guide to get rid of that message, worked a treat!

http://boshdirect.com/blogs/tech/fix-rev...error.html
Doesnt Xbmcfreak 10.08 livecd have support for .rar files?

every movie,subtitle thats compressed with rar isnt working/showing.

nwm

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ared+files
tdw197 Wrote:Does anyone have sabnzbd, transmission etc working with the latest version?

afaik its installed by default, but i can't acces them.

tdw197 Wrote:Never mind, just the apache server isn't configured.

Think I prefer it without, now I know the port numbers (which are NOT standard, took me ages to find the mt-daapd one!)

Don't suppose you can let me know them ? Smile Or at least where the configs are so i can find them myself. I thought they would be in ~home but no and i been looking for ages around the filesystem.

Thanks
danz0l Wrote:Don't suppose you can let me know them ? Smile Or at least where the configs are so i can find them myself. I thought they would be in ~home but no and i been looking for ages around the filesystem.

Thanks

Blimey, will dig out the config locations for you later, as on the mobile at the moment.

But to get you started:

Transmission is on port 9091, i.e. Go to http://XBMCLive:9091
Mt-daapd is on port 9092
Sabnzbd is (I think) on 9090 - not sure on this one as I changed it.

Username and password is xbmc for both
The Live CD is great, but for some reason i can't get sound out of the analog headphone jack. I am using a ASrock 330, hdmi sound works but no analog. is there something i am missing? i checked the asla mixer and unmuted everything i cound but still nothing and help would be great.
Try renaming /etc/asound.conf to /etc/asound.conf.bak then rebooting. This might solve the analog out but might also screw up hdmi audio. Give it a try, if it screws something up rename it back.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I have been having an audio problem with the Zotac MAG HD-ND01 useing the latest XBMCfreak build, I have not been getting any sound from the headphone jack or the optical jack (currently I cannot check HDMI). I have un-muted everything in Alsa, since the computer is brand new I'm hoping it is not a hardware issue. I would love some help.

(Disregard this found the help i needed)
CoDeX2k Wrote:I have a little question since I am now using Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn32696 which I have installed on my system drive my added directorys from my nas always disapere after the reboot?

also the enter key during the fullscreen playback no longer brings up the OSD menu?

is there a fix for those problems?

nobody any idea?
CoDeX2k Wrote:nobody any idea?

Yes, for some reason the .xbmc folder, and sub files and folders, are not owned by the xbmc user. You need to chmod -R it
CoDeX2k Wrote:nobody any idea?
I think this (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77844) is the reason and the solution for your OSD problem. They change the 'default select action'.

regards
Jarny
Hardware:
1) PointOfView Intel Atom 330 Mainboard
2) Scenic-PC (2.9 GHz) with onboard Intel-Graphic 915g
Thanks a lot. I could fix both problems with the two posts.
tdw197 Wrote:Blimey, will dig out the config locations for you later, as on the mobile at the moment.

But to get you started:

Transmission is on port 9091, i.e. Go to http://XBMCLive:9091
Mt-daapd is on port 9092
Sabnzbd is (I think) on 9090 - not sure on this one as I changed it.

Username and password is xbmc for both

Thanks mate Smile
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0