• 3(current)
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's
mat1983 Wrote:i am also having problems with SMB i was using the 9.11 but i upgraded and no joy with SMB

how i configure a SMB server?

thanks

Typing the path in instead of browsing worked for me.
I managed to get a terminal by holding ctrl during bootup and going into recovery mode. From here I put on ssh.

Had the problem typing in a smb share url crashed xbmc, using browsing it worked. This seemed quite slow while streaming so then instead setup fstab to automount the share using cifs and pointed xbmc to the mount point, this speeded it up a little.

The revo's only on a wifi connection at the minute so divx play fine, dvd's buffer frequently. When I get some cat5 wired up should be fine (fingers crossed). More playing tonight when I get home, testing out the remote control hopefully.
Sorry if I'm missing something but with this live cd when I boot into it, it seems to just go into an ubuntu installation which ends up giving errors when looking for a CD drive which my nettop doesn't have. With the last live cd I used from xbmcfreak when I booted into it, it would give a menu for choosing different types of XBMC to run (nvidia/ati etc) or an option to install to the HDD. Is this one supposed to do the same except mine is messed up somehow or am I supposed to just go through with the ubuntu installation that shows up? Also I am using unetbootin on the ISO to make it bootable from a thumbdrive, which is the same method I used for the 9.11 iso.
Installation of this Live to HDD (SSD) went ok and improvement regarding
that sound works right away with my Zotac IONITX FE board without messing up.

Problem popped up when I tried to install latest Nvidia driver 256.35.
First it seemed to install ok. But after a reboot the system it boots up to
tty login...?? And ther flickers error:

GLib - WARNING **: get pwuid_r ( ) failed due to unknown user id

I assume that it tries to start XBMC but fails....

Any suggestions...appreciated..

Br, Zemy
Mr-Jack Wrote:Great Work...No wake from USB working to power on the unit from Sleep..like version 14..as ive tried all tutorials and mine still wont wake ...except on 14 where it worked straight away ...but everything else worked great ..

Any solution for this problem?
Zemy Wrote:Installation of this Live to HDD (SSD) went ok and improvement regarding
that sound works right away with my Zotac IONITX FE board without messing up.

Problem popped up when I tried to install latest Nvidia driver 256.35.
First it seemed to install ok. But after a reboot the system it boots up to
tty login...?? And ther flickers error:

GLib - WARNING **: get pwuid_r ( ) failed due to unknown user id

I assume that it tries to start XBMC but fails....

Any suggestions...appreciated..

Br, Zemy

For what reason is newer/latest nvidia drivers necessary?
I just bought a ASRock 330 and since I saw that his live cd had full support for ASRock I decided to run it on my machine. Everyhing seems to work fine except one major thing, I can not get my remote to work Sad Anyone know how to make it work ?
AndreStarTrek Wrote:For what reason is newer/latest nvidia drivers necessary?

it is not. as usual for these customized live installations, it is recommended to stick with the drivers that are provided out-of-the-box, especially when it's a graphics driver and you start to seriously mess with kernel modules.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:it is not. as usual for these customized live installations, it is recommended to stick with the drivers that are provided out-of-the-box, especially when it's a graphics driver and you start to seriously mess with kernel modules.

I think I got it working with that previous 10.08 svn31495 version.
Is there a way to find out which driver is used with this current svn31632.

The reason to update drivers was that I didn´t find any VDPAU setting to enable to get the most out of the hardware.

Br, Zemy
In xbmcfreak live V14 you state ......
USB0 added to / proc / acpi / wakeup , Microsoft USB compatible receivers would stand as the machine can get .
As this seemed to work for wake from USB with my remote, im just curious what it was you added for...was it a script ?....any help would be appreciated

P.S... yup ive edited rc.local and wakeup enabled as per the tutorial and that simply doesn't work with my MC remote and acer revo..but it did in v.14
Hi. Installed new version:
http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcfreak-10....lucid1.zip

My problem is when I play .avi movies: green screen. No problem with .mkv.
I update latest nvidia drivers and now the green screen is black with red band....
Any suggestion?
I installed the same as you PinkPink and .avi files play fine and mkv and mp4...on revo 3610..all play with no problems..ive left the navidia drivers as they installed.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:it is not. as usual for these customized live installations, it is recommended to stick with the drivers that are provided out-of-the-box, especially when it's a graphics driver and you start to seriously mess with kernel modules.

What I thought. LOL

Still like to know how to make "wake on remote" working. Also I got the problem that when I want to put xbmc in standby that it immediately comes back on. xbmc power saving is set to suspend.

One problem I found in all xbmc versions is that when I config "video calibration" it is only for that resolution and refesh rate that is used at the moment. Wen I play a video that is not at the same refresh rate it is going back to basic (overscan). Any solution for that?
The latest nvidia drivers 256.* fix a nasty bug for hdmi pcm multi-channel audio, Which for some users is a big deal.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Andre that happened to me when i had USB2 enabled as well USB0 in wakeup it would immediately restart so disabled it again...like i asked what ever was added to V14 xbmc freak live cd ...seemed to enable wake on suspend...would love to know what rc.local and wakeup looked like on that particular CD ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's0