SVN users - How often do you update to new builds?
That's pretty much the question. How often do you guys update to new builds?
Before the AddOns merge, I was updating about once a day depending on what fixes were introduced into the svn. If a new feature was added, I would hold off for a bit so the wrinkles could be ironed out before jumping to a new build.

I stopped using the svn when the merge occurred. I held off compiling for a few months but kept an eye on Trac to see what was happening.

Since the svn has gotten much more stable within the past 30 days, I am compiling a new build about once every two days. Sometimes I build more, sometimes less depending on what is being introduced into the trunk.

Compiling a new build now, actually. First in three days. I always keep about 5 previous builds just in case the new one is buggy/unstable.

As a note, the bleeding edge is definitely for the bold. New users or those not interested in dealing with instability should hold off until the betas/official releases are released.
Ouch, cut myself on the bleeding edge...
davilla Wrote:Ouch, cut myself on the bleeding edge...

I can't count the number of times I have said that. I have a feeling this new build may be a bloody one.
So is there any news when the 10.5 will be out. I know it's already a bit overdue.
jcl3042 Wrote:So is there any news when the 10.5 will be out. I know it's already a bit overdue.

Nope. It will be done when it's done. Don't expect it for at least a couple of weeks. Things are progressing, but there is no timetable.
Used to update every couple of weeks, but since nightlies have resumed after the addons merge, I've been checking for updates every day, hoping that each one will fix all the little weirdness I'm having...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Daily. Sort of have to to always make sure Back Row stays compatible, but still do it cause i enjoy messing around with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN users - How often do you update to new builds?0