Google TV hardware (Intel Atom CE4100 chipset) hacked to run XBMC?
i still don't see what you wanna do with that ?

install xbmc on google tv ?
Yes, running XBMC on google tv settop or even tv set.
there's already a google TV thread in the hardware forum
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Indeed
Here's the link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76797
Bump
http://www.candlerblog.com/2010/05/24/bo...o-your-tv/
I think folks are fairly confused. Google TV is software. The Logitech Revue is a hardware implementation of Google TV (like the difference between Android and a Droid X). Logitech and google are being fairly sketchy about all the details, but it seems that the Revue attempts to directly pull Internet content (YouTube, Netflix) or to control other equipment (Dish) to present the material through the passthrough.

In terms of integration, I would be most interested to see search integration to get the Google TV search results to include XBMC library content which could then be selected. That has very little if anything to do with running XBMC on the Revue or other hardware.
It's a software, right. But it is closely tied to the hardware. I.e. from what I can see, you can't (won't be able to) download it and install to any custom box, you can only buy it from hardware vendor, such as sony or logitech, as a part of their solution.
Having Google TV as a tile in XBMC will be cool, but I don't think it's realistic. At least it is less realistic, than having XBMC as application in Google TV (revue or bravia if you will). Of course it's only a diletant's IMHO.
Looking forward to the UK release of this myself just to have a play Smile
I wonder, how will they enforce regional restrictions...
Sony is supposted to release a bluray player with google tv and an intel atom processor this month. The remote that comes with this looks better than the one that comes with the logitech player. But the price aint cheat $400 but it does offer more and this would be the perfect player to get an xbmc port onto I think.http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5292
Sony has released an internet TV that has google TV built in: http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5066/s...first-look

The good thing about this is that you can seemlesly switch between normal TV and streamed TV, that is really sweet. However the qwerty remote looks awfull, compare it to the fantastic boxee box qwerty remote which looks lovely. And of course the look doesn't seem to be as nice as XBMC. Food for thought though.
Using XBMC since way back, XBMP days!
Everyones intitled to there own oppinion but the sony remote has a mouse buillt into it unlike the boxee. I dont even think the boxee remote has any power button to power it on.
tennisbgc Wrote:I dont even think the boxee remote has any power button to power it on.

sure it has

and it took me only 5sec with google image search to verify this. also, the boxee box UI is not designed to be controlled with a mouse, only D-pad, so they just don't need this feature.

browsing, on the other hand, sure is a pain in the ass without mouse control, so let's see how this will work out on the boxee. but as this is a google TV thread, stuff like that belongs in the corresponding boxee thread.

p.s. the sony google TV remote looks like the humongous incest child of an atari jaguar controller Shocked
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:sure it has

and it took me only 5sec with google image search to verify this. also, the boxee box UI is not designed to be controlled with a mouse, only D-pad, so they just don't need this feature.

browsing, on the other hand, sure is a pain in the ass without mouse control, so let's see how this will work out on the boxee. but as this is a google TV thread, stuff like that belongs in the corresponding boxee thread.

p.s. the sony google TV remote looks like the humongous incest child of an atari jaguar controller Shocked
Unfortunatly thats an older pic and they redesigned it without the power button. they also used to have a usb in the front and now its just 2 in the back.I still feel like the boxee box remote is lacking some quick acess buttons like and info button etc.

damn, sorry, never knew that.

now I'm really puzzled how to switch the box on and off... simplicity sometimes gets too much I guess Wink
Asus Chromebox EZ Script

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google TV hardware (Intel Atom CE4100 chipset) hacked to run XBMC?0